I’m back with baby #2. BFP this morning.

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score
We weren’t trying. What actually happened is I ran out of my contraceptive patches and had to wait a few days for my appointment to get more and we weren’t as careful as what we maybe should’ve been but hey ho!

however I have not told hubby yet and I know it’s the last thing he wants - we were planning to save for a house and he always goes into major panic mode about money.

Have any of you got caught and had to break the news ? How did they react and how did you do it?

First of all, congratulations! I’m pregnant with number 3 and it was a surprise (kind of) for us. We weren’t being careful and I ovulated really early and BAM! I knew I was pregnant 2 days before I took a test. I told my husband that I was pretty sure I was pregnant because I was having weird cramps. He kinda sighed and I told him not much we can do about it and I’m pretty sure you were there when it happened. Two days later (5 days before my missed period) I took a test and sure enough it was positive. I was crying when I told him because I was excited, but scared. He was very reassuring and said he was excited and happy. For some reason I thought he was going to be mad at me, but it takes 2! Babies are a blessing!! Good luck to you 😊

Congrats I think I remember u from the first pregnancy x

Congrats! I've always told my DH before anyone else. He wasn't too thrilled about this baby because it was completely unexpected and soon after having baby #4 but he's ok about it now.

Hi everyone. Thanks!
We had a bath and discussed it, he’s okay with it but naturally worried.

I knew basically from the moment I conceived but was oddly still expecting the test to be negative but it popped up almost instantly on the FRER. big fat pink line lol.

I had symptoms I recognised from the get go but I was just gonna wait to see if my period showed up on Tuesday but this morning my husky got on the bed and laid behind me - between me and my husband - and laid his head across where my belly is so that got me thinking because he never does that

I was in the exact situation! For some reason, I took a dip test, not expecting to really be pregnant, but there was a faint line. I went to go get a more reliable test and told my partner that I needed a better test to confirm. He seemed probably more positive at me saying this. I waited until the morning to do the better test and it was positive, and to be honest, his initial response was him being a complete asshole. He said *FFS* and I left the room to let him absorb the information.
He apologised a lot afterwards.

We're both self employed, my business is still less than a year old, and we were finally becoming more financially stable, or on our way to being able to save. So of course that has turned the plan upside down and he got really anxious. He paces a lot when anxious and has done his daily steps easily every day since finding out haha

But, he's definitely warmed up to the idea, he knew I wanted one more, and probably wouldn't have given up asking. He was hoping to have a mortgage before another, but realistically, I think I would be a lot older than I want to be to have another child if we waited until then!

Tell him, and expect him to be shocked. Don't expect all sunshine and rainbows I guess, I didn't, so it didn't upset me when he had a not so pleasant response! But it will work out, it's just any plans you had will have to be tweaked a little, so make enough time for a discussion about it!

That is the same as us, we were saving for a mortgage so this wasn't planned but the mortgage will have to wait now. I was the same as well in regards to not wanting to be much older when I had a second baby. He hasn't mentioned it at all really since we talked last night apart from asking if I phoned the doctors today, but I'll give him a few days to absorb it all.

Congratulations! I remember you from being pregnant first time round. Glad he has taken it ok. We have a lot of saving to do also but just decided to go for it and save as and when we can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->