I almost got cuddles!

divadexie

Reaction score
When I went down to see Anna at lunch time, the nurse (argh, useless with names!) was just about to do a nappy change and asked if I wanted to do it! I said I'll watch this one and come do the next one as I'v only watched once (yes I know I'v changed millions of nappies, but never one so small on someone so delicate!).

Then she brought up the subject of cuddles and said because Anna has been so stable, if she stayed stable until next nappy I could get a cuddle :thumbup:

But she also asked me if I thought Anna looked a bit pale today, and I thought she did, just a bit.

Well it turned out her haemoglobin levels had dropped quite low again which meant by the time we came back from lunch she had a line in ready for a blood transfusion, meaning no cuddles today either :(
But if she stays stable then I definitely get cuddles very soon!

Then she said I should do the nappy! Eek! After asking her to lift Anna so I could put the wee towel under, I did the rest all on my own :happydance: thankfully it wasnt a smelly one! Hehe. Little madam was trying to wriggle away and turn over so the nurse held onto her arms then when I had finished she took the CPAP off for a second to untwist it, it was sitting squint from Anna being turned over so many times! I held it in place while she threaded the bits back through her wee hat, it was nice to see Anna's face :)

OH asked if I was really upset that I didn't get cuddles and not sure if he quite understood that I was really happy because the nurse felt she was ready for them.
I just hope they offer me cuddles next weekend when OH is there with me and not wednesday when I am there with MIL and her neighbour, I really want the cuddles but I want OH to be there when it happens! And I dont want to cry infront of MIL!! Lol!

ps- Anna now weighs 1lb 9oz! :D

Nag them about the cuddles! Ask every time you go in. Because the nursing staff (probably) change every day, they won't know that you *haven't* had that first cuddle yet, so they will rely on you to mention it.

One of the changes our NICU is hoping to introduce is a set of ribbons per baby - probably on a teddy bear. The ribbons will be colour-coded to mean a mummy cuddle; a daddy cuddle; doing cares etc. That way, as a nurse comes on duty, they will know whether first cuddles have yet been had.

Ahh that's so sweet, hope you get your cuddles soon. Will be so worth waiting for xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->