I am calm, and I am waiting to TTC

calm

Reaction score
Hello I am 32, and I am waiting to ttc.

I have never seen this category before, I would read (never post) forums and think I didn't fit it, here I have my own slot.

I am happily married and we have been together for 8 years now. The reason we are waiting is because I have suffered from anxiety for several years. I hardly take any medication now, which was the first reason to wait, but I must stop taking the last bit of medication. Most importantly I must manage my stress a lot better and confront certain situations which cause me anxiety.
This is not just because if I am stressed I probably won't get pregnant, or the fact that stress is bad for pregnancy and the baby, I just don't want to have a baby and feel there lifes are limited because mine is, it is not fair on them.

So I have had a year for sorting myself out, working just part time, and trying to relax. I have also lost a lot of weight (weight I put on with the medication I used to take). I am now a healthy weight for my height, even though I want to lose just a bit more. So losing the weight has showed me I can both achieve things, and it is always better to have a healthy weight when trying to conceive.

The Wise Woman tells me to stop reading about TTC and pregnancies and babies, that I have to focus on getting well and that will make the dream come true. The Wise Woman also tells me that even when able to TTC, obsessing about it is not the best way to get pregnant, that trying to get pregnant is better when you get on with your life (in a healthy way) and forget about it.

However, I do look at the spare room and plan the nursery in my mind. I do look at forums and read all about it, and the fact that people reading me will understand me when I say: I want more than anything to be able to get pregnant and have a baby. I want it so much it hurts and I feel such impatient and upset I can have it now.

My nick name is calm, and this is me.

By the way: My goal is to be able to ttc between 8 months and 1 year, as long as I do what I have to do and reduce a great deal my anxiety levels.

welcome Calm and good luck in achieving your dreams xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->