I am confused!!!

love3

Reaction score
Hi, I am new on here.. I had a question?? I normally have extremely long cycles(60-75 days), I recently started taking 1000mg of vitex a day and started using first Response opks... I am on CD28 and this morning I got a positive opk and then tested again at 1pm and it is negative!!! It did the same thing yesterday but this am the test line was darker. I always have two lines but the test line has never gotten dark...Has this happened to anyone else???:shrug:

Attachments

• opk+.jpg
    opk+.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 5
  • opk-.jpg
    opk-.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 4
Your getting a neg cause your testing twice a day and you arent suppose to your suppose to test with the first morning urine cause its more concentrated . so when you got a darker positive its giving you the ok sign to :sex: when you test again anf got a neg you confuse yourself . so poas first thing in the morning and go off that .your only suppose to use one ovulation test once a day . i hope this helps .

I have heard otherwise.... Not to use FMU as you will get the most unaccurate results unless if stated to use FMU on the directions. I see a lot of women testing twice a day. I test twice a day becuse i do not want to miss my surge.

Hmmm that's weird ive used them when i got pregnant with my twins *first response* & i only tested once a day & only BD when it was positive plus i ovulated once then again 3 days later so for 4days i was getting positives on my testes .

That is so weird. But every woman is different so idk. I even read some women were told by their doctor to use fmu. On other fertility sites it says not to like peeonastick. Idk. All of this info everywhere only confuses us ttc'ers
So :(

I think if she got a positive that morning then a negative later in the day she might have already ovulated .

The directions on my opk's from target say test between 10 am & 8 pm and after reducing fluids and do not urinate for 4 hours prior to taking test. Fmu may be acceptable for those womem who find it hard to do a 4 hour hold

I could not do a 4 hour hold so next time round im going to test fmu and see what happens

I would never be able to do a 4 hour hold multiple times a day...oh boy

Lol i dont think i could either.
I will try fmu and see what happens.. Ususally get a faint test line around 2pm but when i test around 5:30pm the test line is somewhat darker than earlier.. Lol
Idk it kills me

Thanks for the replies ladies.... my test say you can test anytime of the day.. i had been using fmu for a few days prior and they came up negative. I also tested again this morning and got a negative so I probably already ovulated...these opks can be confusing!!

You're only supposed to use FMU with pregnancy tests, OPK's are different. Recommended time of use for OPK's is afternoon/evening time and you can use more than one per day. Alot of women use one around noon then another at 9 or 10pm so you don't miss your surge. If you're only using FMU with your OPK's I don't think you will ever catch your positive..

i used clear blue digital OPK and it is suggested you use FMU. Ive only used them once back in july and it worked for me then. I guess every brand/type is different.
GL to you and I hope you get your BFP soon:)

Today I took another test at 10am not using fmu and got another positive ... maybe I got a bad batch of opks. I am going to test again tonight and see what it says... these are so confusing not sure if I am going to use them again or maybe I will try the clear blue digital ones. I was temping but got sick and threw it off.... I am gonna bd still just in case :)

I personally love the clear blue digital
It gives you a smiley face when posotive so impossible to miss.

We are going to strart using them once we strat to TTC again

GL :)

bazzb, is it true that once you get the smiley face you cant use it anymore. I have a $10 off coupon that i was wanting to use but i'm not sure if its worth the money.

what do you think?

I researched online and found that once you get a smiley you stop
But if you don't fall pregnant that month you can continue to use the next
They worked for me the first mOntb so I
Personally do not know for sure.

When I start using them once I get m first af since my mc I will let you know :)

It's usually not advised to use fmu with opk's..the luteinizing hormone hormone that the test is looking for peaks in the afternoon so around 2-4 pm is the best time. I always try to withhold from liquids for at least 2 hrs prior to testing as well. Also I read a comment that if you had a + in the morning and a - later that you'd probably already ovulated which definitely isn't true! You won't ovulate until 24-48 hrs after your LAST positive opk! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->