I am just in 2nd Tri and have a question!

swedengirl

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I am 13 weeks 6 days today, so according to some apps I am in the 2nd tri and others I am not until tomorrow! So thought it was close enough to post here!

I am expecting baby one and up until about my 12 week scan suffered from bad anxiety about something going wrong but now it seems to have gone and I am more excited! So I avoided BnB up until this point as I felt it didn't help my anxiety but I am back now!

I do have a question: I have been having a dull ache. A bit like the background ache you have when you have your period when you are not actually cramping. It is not really painful but just there. I am not worried about it really as it is so mild and assume it is just things stretching but thought I would check with you all that this is normal?

I thought this might be round ligament pain but my research says that it is a sharp pain...

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Sounds like round ligament pain to me. It's a bit different for everyone, and different depending on the number of pregnancies you've had, but for me at that point in my pregnancy, it was like what you described—dull ache (later in 2nd tri, around 16-20 weeks, it got worse, but still not sharp pain). So what you're experiencing is probably perfectly normal, but if you're worried, you can always ask your OB/MW to give you peace of mind.

Thanks for your answer! Reassuring to know you also had a similar pain. I also ended up finding a thread that explained exactly what I was feeling and that turned out to be RLP. So I'm guessing it is that!

Hi swedengirl! Welcome back! Sorry you were having anxiety but glad it has passed now. Yes I'm having a similar pain and it feels like stretching. Nothing to worry about, my bump has just popped out this week so that's what all the pain has been!

Hey sunnydee!! Yes my bump has really popped this week too. Also just sat up really quickly and got the sharp stitch like pain I commonly here described so really think it's RLP.

How you doing otherwise sunnydee? You got your BFP a few days before me if I remember correctly so must be 14 + something now?

Hi I'm 13 weeks and 2 days and i just started getting the exact same pain. It started to scare me so I'm glad I found this thread.

Yes I'm 14+2 now, due date is Dec 11th 😊 oh yeah I get the sharp RLP too when I sit up too quickly. Other than being exhausted I'm doing pretty good the last week or 2 since my nausea has settled down. Hope you weren't too sick in 1st tri!
Now I'm just waiting until end of July for my next scan, I didn't get a 12 week one cause they did it at 8 weeks instead so it's a long wait!

I've had period like pain on and off this whole pregnancy and I'm almost 23 weeks, my midwife just explained it as the uterus growing and rlp, I've had millions of scans all normal and my little boy is currently keeping me awake with his kicking so I thing it's normal =)

Thanks everything! So reassuring to know and it makes sense really that you'd get some period like pain as your uterus grows.

Sunnydee- yes it's so much nicer now the nausea has settled down! I had it really bad from weeks 8-10 and then it gradually got better. Now I have no nausea but might randomly be sick if I wait too long to eat- but there is no nausea with it, really weird!
I'm due 14th of Dec so also having my scan at the end of July! Had one at 12 weeks too as I just couldn't wait so went private. Will you stay team yellow or will you find out?

I'm definitely finding out this time! I was team yellow last time and it was a nice surprise at the end but I just feel like I need to know this time!
Come join us in the December group thread!

Exciting! I think I'll be finding out too- I'm too impatient! Joined you back in the December group now so "see" you over there!

Swedengirl I'm so happy to see you here! I remember you from the WTT section. The pain you're describing sounds very normal to me but I would bring it up to your doctor/midwife at your next appointment if you're concerned. He/she should be able to put your mind at ease but it sounds like usual early second trimester stretching to me. I'm glad to hear that nausea is getting better for you. Hope you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :flower:

Hey Lilmisscaviar! Thank you so much- I am happy to be here! How are you doing? I see you are expecting too, how exciting! How are you feeling?
I am actually not worried about the pain now as many people seem to have this. I also decided to give my MW a call and she also told me it sounded completely normal. But thanks for your reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->