I am new at this and need advice please

A

addie25

Hi,

I went to my doctor today to talk about my long cycles. Sometimes they are 45 days last month was 51 days and sometimes they are normal. He is sending me for a test to determine the quality of my eggs. Based on this test he will let me know if I should try clomid or go rt to in vetro. I have only been trying to get pregnant for a couple of months but because my irregular cycles we are being proactive. How did your doctors determine you needed extra support getting pregnant?

Thanks!
Addie

Addie I think it's great that you are being proactive!!! And really hope that everything worksout!!! Fx :)

For us I had talked to my OB before getting married because we knew that we were going to try quickly after he told us to try for 6 months and then come see him so in about month 4 I decided to take the OPK to make sure I was Ov and I noticed that I was but it was like around 17-18 yet I still had 28 day cycles so when I went to my OB he put me on clomid and a trigger (clomid to regulate it and trigger know when) and he also had my DH do a SA. So when I had to go in to check how much folicals I had they gave us DH results. He only had 10% good and I did have 4 good folicals so right then my OB told us that he would have to refer us to a FS if that didn't work. So I wasted no time and made an appointment and thought that if it did work then I could always cancel but it would be a lot harder to get if I waited to know. Good thing I did bc we got a BFN :(. When I met with my FS we had a plan to do an HSG test before anything cause he didn't want us to waist $. Good thing he did cause my tubes were blocked. 2 weeks later I was scheduled for a Lap & Hestrosocpy test and they r now clear!!!! And that is where we are at now!!!! I'm going to talk to him on Monday to discuss next steps.

I'm very happy that we only waited 6 months before looking for help and am very thankful that my FS is on it and doesn't like to waist time and is go-go-go. Cause if I would have to wait the amount of time I hear people waiting I'd go crazy!!!!! But I would also suggest to people to have $ saved bc we were able to pay up front and I think that also makes thing go faster.

Like I said I'm glad to hear that your being proactive and getting help soon wish you the best of luck!!! Keep us posted and welcome to the bnb :)

hi,

I had irregular cycles after stopping bcp's, like it was almost a year later and they still weren't right. For me, I would start bleeding heavily RIGHT after I ovulated (I was temping so know I O'd). After a few months, it turned into brown spotting (but still heavy enough to need a light pad). I tried a lot of things and then finally started Acupuncture about 9 months in. I also got my estrogen (blood test) done and my estrogen was super high. My acupuncturist said that a lot of women are estrogen dominant, and because I had so much estrogen, my lining was building up so much that it would just start shedding during my LP. Between acupuncture and using natural progesterone cream during LP I regulated within about 4 months (didn't start progesterone cream until about 3 months in) after 6 months of acupuncture, I've been able to stop using the progesterone cream.

NOT that this would be your issue, BUT acupuncture is really good for regulating. I went to a "Community" Acu clinic and love it, there are lots of "fertility" acu clinics that charge $$$, but the thing is, you really need to be going frequently right at first for it to help;I couldn't afford the fancy fertility acu clinic so I moved on and was really fortunate to find a great acupuncturist who is good with fertility stuff and works on a philosophy that acu should be for everyone and done frequently. I pay $20/treatment and it has changed everything for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->