I am so lucky Im not the only one who feels this way!

AlJaCoDee

Reaction score
My name is Allison. And I just turned 20 a few weeks ago. I have been afflicted with baby fever like you wouldnt believe! I am alwlays either thinking of a cute name.. or searching out babies in stores with my eyes and thinking man I wish I was a mother.

But alas It isnt to be just yet.

You see, I am in an internet relationship. I have been since I was 15 years old. I went and lived with my boyfriend for 5 months, then I got home sick so here I am.. basically right back where I started. 'Sigh' I just wish I had a baby.

Ive been out of school two years and Three of my friends already have 2.. and I find myself thinking why cant I just have one.. just one.. and while Im very happy and overjoyed for my friends.. I just feel so left out and envious.

Lately its been worse?.. So if there is anyone else in the same boat (Which im positive there is) Please share your stories. Thanks!

I'm in the same boat in the sense that I'm young (18) and really want a baby but not in the internet relationship sense.. how far away are you and your OH? That must be tough :nope: welcome to BnB btw :D :flower:

Hi girls, I'm also 18. Just diagnosed with PCOS. My fiance and I are thinking about ttc, good luck!

I am in Southern Pennsylvania and he is in Kentucky. So some 800 miles away. Thank you for the welcome :)

Im sorry for your diagnosis. I hope that you are able to get your miracle.

Hey and welcome!
I'm not really in your situation (I'm late 20s, married and will ttc soon) but I used to be. My DH were in a long-distance relationship for quite a while before we moved in together. I was just wondering: Do you have plans to live with him in the future? Would he maybe move to your part of the world? Or would you consider "meeting him half way"?
I moved country (and over 1000 miles) to be with my DH and it really wasn't easy. All worth it in the end though, I'm very happy with how our life turned out. And it really helped the long-distance thing to know that it's not forever.
Whatever your plans are: Good luck!

When I was 20 I wasn't really broody, well maybe just a little. It only really hit when I was about 22. I know what you mean about being obsessed with having a baby - at one point I was almost obsessed enough to go out and find a guy and sleep with him just to have a baby.

I'm (almost) 23 now, and would still love a baby. But I am also a bit scared of becoming a mum. I am scared about it financially, and the workload, and having to give up going out drinking. I want to have more time with my bf before I think about becoming a mum - to make our relationship more stable.

Although my boyfriend is amazing, AMAZING!! He makes me feel.... :cloud9:
He has a stunning personality, a heart of gold, and great looks too. I am so obsessed with him, he would make a great dad. Before I met him I would never have beleived that I would meet someone as nice as him. Still can't beleive it. Now I want to have a baby just to see a little piece of him being born, and to have a part of him grow inside me. Sorry if that sounds weird.

Hey girls,

My story is an interesting one. I wasnt broody until 2 years ago next month when I had an unplanned pregnancy and then had a MC at 5/6 weeks. I had never even thought of having children! Then I find out I'm pregnant, I knew I was pregnant for a whole week. Then I lost my bean. I was distraught.

I knew I wasnt ready for a LO yet & we were very early in our relationship but ever since then I have KNOWN I wanted a baby for the 1st time in my life and now it is all I can think about!

I am 23 next month and hope to start trying at the end of the year.

xxx

Is there a way he could move to where you are instead of you moving to him?
I know it's not as easy as that lol just a suggestion?

Im sorry Xsophiexleax Thank you for the warm welcome :) (my middle name is Lea(lee) Hehe)

Well AmyG, I did go a live with him for 5 months. And Sometime soon I hope I might be able to go back and live with him. I know it sounds mean but My family is sucking the life out of me and I think going back and staying would be a good thing, until I can figure out stuff.

I'm glad you found your dream man Amy2 and Im sure he would be a great daddy <3

4magpies, I hope you get your miracle. I am sorry that you lost your little bean and I know you will make a wonderful mommy.. it seems to me the ones that never thought they would want kids, once they have them.. are the fiercest, most loving mothers ever :)

Sophie, We thought about it, he actually has spina bifida and is confined to a wheelchair.. I am not, and I think it would be unfair to ask him to move just for that fact. But Its not like I havent suggested it a thousand times! Tsk tsk @me.

4magpies, I hope you get your miracle. I am sorry that you lost your little bean and I know you will make a wonderful mommy.. it seems to me the ones that never thought they would want kids, once they have them.. are the fiercest, most loving mothers ever :)

Oh honey thanks for your lovely words. You just nearly made me cry at work. In a nice way though.

xxx :kiss: :hugs:

Ohhh I had no idea, bless him :hugs: definitely not that easy then!
I really hope you work something out :)

(My middle name is Leanne I just shortened it cos in full it sounds a bit long winded for a username! :p)

Oh, 4magpies, I'm glad it was happy crying.. I first read it and was like oh great.. :hugs: Well I hope you had a good day at work today :)

Sophie Leanne is a lovely name :). And I try not to really talk about him in that way. (but In no way am I ashamed. I just dont feel like its up to me to broadcast if that makes sense!) :hugs:

I hope it works out also. I feel so alone at times. But I know if the good lord wants it to happen he will show a way.

Hiya, im Hayley and im 25.

Im sort of in a similar position to you. I have been with my OH for the past 5 years. The first 3 of those years we both lived in our home town with our parents whilst working and studying. Then we both moved to a different city to study where we moved in together. We loved living together but I really missed my friends and family. I felt very isolated there. As i finished my studies then i decided to stay in my hometown after the summer whilst my OH went back to continue his studies. This past year has been really tough for us living away from eachother. he will be home for the summer later this month and then he has 1 more year left at uni. I am so tempted to move away with him but its too late now. he has signed his contract for his new house (with 6 other lads). So basically its going to be 1 more year until we can be together, which i know is going to be tough. I really feel for you because im guessing you dont really get to see your OH very much.

On the baby front i am very much like you. Im always peering into babies prams to sneek a peek. My OH has even started to do it and points out the cute ones to me haha. I also spend ages looking at baby clothes, cots, bedding, prams and even bottles etc online and sometimes in shops hehe. I also do the baby name thing. We already have our boys name (Isaac Joseph Douglas) cant agree on a girls tho lol. I often say to myself and OH why cant we just have one...then i will be able to wait for the rest of the brood. But i know its not the right time for us right now. Above anything I dont think it would be fair on my OH whilst he is studying hard. He needs to put all of his efforts into that to ensure we can have a stable future. Sorry for the rambling on lol x
p.s. all of my close friends have children now and i feel like im still a kid or something. cant wait til i can join in with their convos. at least my kids will be the youngest and therefore cutest haha

Broody, Im sorry you are away from your OH. I know how hard it is.. I only lived with mine for 5 months then got homesick and Just havent had the means to go back.

I felt isolated also. I didnt know anyone but the family and I was always at home. Now I like to go places and do things.. then return home.. but I was always at the house there due to not knowing anyone.

I am constantly looking at the newest and latest gadgets.. what would this do for me.. how would this look on my babies.. etc.

I have the names all picked out (Or so I think lol) they are..
1. Catelyn Jolene
2. Anna Lynne
3. Kylie Selena
4. Emma Margaret
5. Lilly Ava
6. Aila Fallon

1. Jeremy Nathan
2. Jacob Daniel
3. Jonathan Andrew
4. Seth Michael
5. Zachary David

They always change atleast a little Lol.

I just am always either thinking about houses/babies/puppies/weddings.. its a vicious cycle! And as much as I have been wanting a baby like you I know its not the right time or the right thing to do Atm.

All of my friends but a select few have kids.. and some have two! I get so jealous next to all the happiness for them, like why cant I have one.. just one before they all complete their families lol.

Sorry for rambling also!

PS: I dont get to see him at all, the first time I physically laid eyes on him was for the 5 months I was living with him. We just dont have a way to. I have been jobless for well over a year (Due to our economy.. idiot presidents lol) and he is disabled.. so its hard. But we've been doing it for so long that its become second nature to not see but trust in faith only.

Aww i like Lilly Ava and Aila Fallon and i like Zachary David for your boy. We also like Harry and Thyler for a boy, I like Noah, Zachary and Jude also. Girls I like Poppy, Savannah and Sophia but im not sure I would actually call them any of those names. I guess I have quite a while to decide haha.

I know things are tough for you atm but im sure things will turn out for the best in the end....even if the wait is unbareable. Just think when things do all fall into place you will be so much more grateful for it all.

I work in a restaurant atm (also due to the recession) im going to seriously start looking for a "proper" job. The way I am going to start looking at this whole situation is that i have a year until me and my OH can move in together and possible TTC, so i should make the most of this time and try and save up as much money whilst i can....thats my focus. I may even call it my baby fund haha x

I am in the same boat. Kinda! I am almost 30 years old and have been in a relationship for over 4 years. Many of my friends are pregnant or have at least one baby and I am starting to get those baby feelings. I spend time thinking about having a baby and then the reality of having a baby in expensive NYC kicks in. I have noticed that random people are speaking to me about having a baby and I should not wait too long...
But my man says no baby before a wedding and no wedding before HE financially set. BTW I am older than he is so of course he does not realize that my clock is ticking away.

Thanks Sophie. Sometimes I dont feel so strong. I just feel like I'm in a damned rut..

Broody, I know it will all be worth it, but It's going to be such a long wait and tbh I feel like Ive' been waiting too long. and what if stuff doesnt work out and I wasted 5 years of my life? Or more? I do not think my relationship is a waste. but sometimes.. 'sigh' Thank you for your kind words. And I hope you get enough money put into your baby fund to get your miracle!

Dam. Im sorry your feeling this way. And I shouldnt say this but is it possible he doesnt want kids? I used to think mine didnt want any. *And he's older* Although I do understand the wanting to be financially able. And the wedding. But sometimes those things never happen, namely the financial stability.
You need to make him understand that your clock is ticking and perhaps it is time to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->