I am so ready to TTC, but what is up with this tenderness in my lower abdomen???

allmuddledup

Mum to 1boy 1girl 3angels
Reaction score
My miscarriage at 7.5 weeks started on 16th March and completed surprisingly fast (2 days of heavy bleeding, 1 day of spotting, 2 days of scanty discharge, the end) and my hCG levels were back to non-pregnant level in less than 2 weeks from the start of bleeding (about 27th March). I had very little cramping and just a little abdominal tenderness during and just following the miscarriage, nothing more.

Now, 3 weeks after the start of the miscarriage, it appears I am ovulating (I have just tracked a very distinct LH surge that started 4th April and ended today) and I am experiencing as much abdominal tenderness now as I did with the miscarriage. I don't recall ever getting ovulation pains before but I suppose there is a first time for everything. Has anyone else out there had this sort of thing happen after a miscarriage? I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the pregnancy as the miscarriage appears to have been complete when my hCG levels dropped all the way back down. I'm just not used to getting this sort of tenderness without an apparent cause. It aches when I bear down and I felt unusually tender this morning when I went to do a CM check. My other half and I have been BDing regularly (especially since the LH surge began), but BDing hasn't caused any discomfort before now except when I had the ectopic pregnancy, which can't be the source this time because I'm only just ovulating now.

I don't know if I should be ringing the doctor or if it's normal and I just need to give it time. Can ovulation pain cause vaginal tenderness? Any ideas what could be causing this?

Hey there,

my MC started on the 31st of december and went pretty much like yours. After that I felt exactly when I was ovulating. It did not work out straight away the first time, but after my period we tried again and again I could feel it! It was a dull pain, not really really bad. If it is a dull ache, then it probably is your egg just popping out! If it really really hurts, then I would contact the GP.

Hope it works!
x

I dont really know muddly, but i know that if your cervix is still open after mc then you should use condoms in case of infection, how long after the mc did you start up bding again?

Thank you Pebbie for relating your experience. Maybe I am just having a stronger than usual response to ovulation. Now that it is over, the tenderness is almost completely gone, so maybe that was it.

As for BDing after the miscarriage, we used protection while my cervix was still open during the first couple of weeks but not since then. I was a little worried it might be an infection, but as the tenderness is now abating, I think perhaps it was related to ovulation.

Thanks for your replies ladies. xox

My miscarriage at 7.5 weeks started on 16th March and completed surprisingly fast (2 days of heavy bleeding, 1 day of spotting, 2 days of scanty discharge, the end) and my hCG levels were back to non-pregnant level in less than 2 weeks from the start of bleeding (about 27th March). I had very little cramping and just a little abdominal tenderness during and just following the miscarriage, nothing more.

Now, 3 weeks after the start of the miscarriage, it appears I am ovulating (I have just tracked a very distinct LH surge that started 4th April and ended today) and I am experiencing as much abdominal tenderness now as I did with the miscarriage. I don't recall ever getting ovulation pains before but I suppose there is a first time for everything. Has anyone else out there had this sort of thing happen after a miscarriage? I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the pregnancy as the miscarriage appears to have been complete when my hCG levels dropped all the way back down. I'm just not used to getting this sort of tenderness without an apparent cause. It aches when I bear down and I felt unusually tender this morning when I went to do a CM check. My other half and I have been BDing regularly (especially since the LH surge began), but BDing hasn't caused any discomfort before now except when I had the ectopic pregnancy, which can't be the source this time because I'm only just ovulating now.

I don't know if I should be ringing the doctor or if it's normal and I just need to give it time. Can ovulation pain cause vaginal tenderness? Any ideas what could be causing this?

I am so sorry for your loss!
I miscarried on the same day as you and I also felt ovulation pains for the first time. Exactly 12 days after bleeding I felt a bit of tenderness in my abdomen. I was just curious and decided to use a opk, and I was so surprised that is was positive. I called my doctor and he told me it was ok to baby dance. Now I am just wondering when I can expect AF, or when can I consider myself late for af.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->