I am so scared, :'(

Tweeks

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

So I'm 28weeks and 6 days and I've started noticing a jelly like discharge all the time. I know that this sounds like the plug and I'm just so terrified of going into labour at this point. My baby girl's been so active over the past couple of days and even as I type this it seems like there's a dance dance revolution mat in my womb but I just don't know what to do. My fiancé thinks there's nothing to worry about and I'm sick of ringing the maternity bleep nearly every week with something new but this seems different somehow. Losing the plug seems like something that should be happening to me in June not now. :(

Just need some reassurance please.

xx

If its clear huni its all normal...some women do losr bits of their plug early , i did and im now at 38 weeks despite being told that (for different reasons) to expect lo to be very prem!! Its normal sweet and does regenerate, ifs its bloody or tinged with bliod then call mat unit xzxxx

My discharge started to get thicker around the start of the third tri, too. I wouldn't worry too much, but if you feel like it really could be your plug, just ring your unit and ask. Better safe than sorry. They shouldn't have a problem answering questions if you're concerned.

I second Fionar and Rozzle, I've had exact same thing, just happened a few moments ago when I went to the loo. It is normal, try not to worry x

Thanks ladies, just a nervous wreck. I admire women who go through pregnancy more than once because I don't think I will ever do this again after having Aurora. I'm going to end up with hair as white as dumbledore at this rate.

You will be a nervous wreck the first time, it's all so new and every little thing seems like something to worry about. At least you can come here for advice when needed, we all understand how you feel :hugs:

I really appreciate the support. I think you ladies have saved my fiance's life on more than one occasion. :hugs:

ive heard the plug regenerates, so you could be losing bits of it, but i wouldnt worry. as long as your waters arent breaking, or youre having blood, or are having reg contractions, i would just take it easy:) good lyck:)

I've been losing plug since around week 20...it's normal, no worries! :)

It's normal to lose your mucus plug early. Doesn't necessarily mean labor is close behind. Is it tinged with blood? If not it's most likely just discharge. We make a lot more of it in the third tri!

Try not to worry!

I have it too and I'm 27 weeks just had an ultrasound yesterday everything is a okay here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->