I believe I have miscarried...what happened to me this week.

RosieS84

Reaction score
I found out I was pregnant a week ago. I was excited and told my other half the next day. However during this time I was spotting on and off. Two days after telling my other half the good news, I started to bleed like a period. It started slow, no clots, no blood in the toilet when I wee. Just filled pads.

Finally on Saturday night/Sunday morning I couldn't sleep. The bleeding became heavy and my whole body was in pain to the point my anus was with spasms. Sunday evening I passed a large clot and through out the day and Monday there were specks of clots when I wiped or in the toilet when I wee.

Finally Monday night another large thick clot passed when I wiped. By Wednesday old blood was on my pad and it wasn't much. Cramps and heavy feeling in uterus has ceased,

I have taken a test every day (yes I spent nearly $40 on tests) at the same time and I still get positive, the positive line a bit thinner than when I first got a bfp.

The reason I have not been to a doctor is because I work five days a week and I don't have time to go to the doctor. My usual doctor finishes work the same time I do. My boss has changed my schedule in the last three weeks from four days to five days.

How I am currently feeling physical wise: Glad the heavy bleeding is over, I never got the chance to feel any nausea, still funny taste in my mouth, urinating frequently (wet myself when I was driving home from work, I was wearing a pad), I went to a birthday party this evening and I only managed to eat two slices of chocolate slice. I didn't really want any more. I'm not as tired as I used to be.

Mental/emotional wise: I don't feel neither happy nor sadness, I am confused as to what has happened. I still hold hope maybe the bleeding was a fluke and I still have a fetus inside of me.

My co-worker is pregnant and I did the calculations in my head of when I conceived, we would be a week or a fortnight apart. She is clearly pregnant, she has nausea, has all these early pregnancy symptoms and has a small bump (third child). I didn't get those symptoms that she has. I know no one experiences the same things at the same time.

I haven't told anyone I'm pregnant except you guys and my other half. I don't know what to say any more. I did a Clear Blue digital test on the Saturday of when I was cramping, it said 2-3 weeks.

It certainly sounds like you could have had a miscarriage. The best way to know is to go for an ultrasound and bloodwork as those tests would conclusively show whether or not you are still pregnant. And bleeding, even with clots and heavy flow, can also be a normal thing for some pregnancies.

However, it does sound like you had a miscarriage. If you can't go to the dr right now due to your work schedule, I would take another home pregnancy test. If the lines are getting lighter, then it's pretty likely your hormones are dropping as they should. For my miscarriages, I have simply done home tests (the cheapest ones I can find) once or twice a week until the lines were gone. It's cheaper than getting a blood test done weekly at the dr office. HOWEVER, if you aren't able to take time off of work to go to the dr or otherwise figure out a way to get an appt scheduled, I will say you should watch out for symptoms of infection or retained tissue as those can turn very serious very quickly. If you have a fever, severe abdominal pain and/or cramping, heavy bleeding (bleeding through a pad more than once an hour), clots larger than the palm of your hand, discharge that strong odor or is a strange color, then please go in right away.

In most cases, you can get through a miscarriage at home without having any issues or complications. But it is still important to watch for signs that something isn't right.

You can lose a baby and still have symptoms and positive tests because the hormones have to drop all the way back to 0. I had a loss at 6wks, found out at 9wks. My HCG was in the 5000 range. Still positive test and symptoms but baby clearly died 3 weeks earlier. I didnt test negative for a few more weeks later.

Update: I officially miscarried.

I had a phone consultation and she faxed over a request for an ultrasound/transvaginal ultrasound and a blood test. I did the ultrasound a week after it happened and there was nothing there.

The ultrasound person didn't have empathy and more or less just shrugged it and came across as if accusing me of lying that I was pregnant in the first place (Not in such words, the tone of voice and body language). Even though I told them I have many positive tests from well known brands.

The Saturday after the miscarriage, I took a CB digital and it read 1 - 2 weeks. My doctor really wants a blood test to see where we can go from and sadly I have not been to the pathologist because they are only open from 9 AM - 3 PM because of health events. I thought I drop by in my lunch hour but I couldn't get in.

Tonight during my anniversary with my husband, I took a test and it was negative.

Physical wise since I last posted: Last Friday, I assume my period started, however I'm still spotting after the major bleeding from Friday to Tuesday. I got the hormonal pimples. I also have a fibroid so the ultrasound wasn't a waste.

Mental wise, still can't believe what happened. However I have to accept and move on. These next two months I'm focusing on myself and trying to relax. If work will let me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->