I bet she catches an STI before she gets pregnant!!

She says she can't afford sperm donation but how much has she spent on ovulation tests, drinks, taxis etc?
Thats what I was thinking! She clearly has issues of some sort, so wouldnt like to call her any sort of names/take the p*ss. I really hope she gets what she wants, but I hope she is in a stable relationship with someone nice who wants a baby as much as she does :thumbup:

One day that kid could well ask about their bio father, and it will be impossible for them to find any answers. They will have a whole biological family that they never "know" and who never know them.

And ok, so it's unlikely (but it DOES happen)... When the future child wants a relationship, how are they going to know they are not related to the person they are dating?

As for the lie she's gonna feed her kid about his/her conception... I wonder what they would feel if they somehow found out the truth?

"Yay! My mummy is a..... "

Wouldn't it make you proud if that was your mum....

Inter-family relationships, hereditary illnesses, organ donation, the child's curiosity, if anything happened to the mum (god forbid), the man's right to know...

I could go on but there are SO many reasons to know who the father is.

It should be illegal imo, i believe it is in america.

To be honest I had never once in my life heard of women doing this until joining this site. And this isn't the first time I've heard of this on this site. :wacko: It's crazy! I don't know if it's illegal here or not but I do know I had never heard of it before.

I personally wouldn't do it as it is against every moral I stand for as I beleve a chikd should know their father

But I do know someone taht has done it and she had very personal reasons, that I could not begin to understand as it was a very sad situation.
xx

I wonder how she'll feel when she has her kid and the kid grows up and does the same thing :wacko: :(

she obviously hasn't researched sperm donation very well. there are loads of sites out there full of willing sperm donors who don't charge a penny.
i believe her when she says she is desperate for a baby but maybe she is the type that likes having one night stands and is using it as an excuse?

As a person who has researched sperm donation... very, very thoroughly... I wish there were loads of willing sperm donors, because then people like me would find it easier to have kids. :shrug:

I sympathise with her need for a child but wth :( sad story for all involved.

she obviously hasn't researched sperm donation very well. there are loads of sites out there full of willing sperm donors who don't charge a penny.
i believe her when she says she is desperate for a baby but maybe she is the type that likes having one night stands and is using it as an excuse?

As a person who has researched sperm donation... very, very thoroughly... I wish there were loads of willing sperm donors, because then people like me would find it easier to have kids. :shrug:

Now this is weird but... I actually feel a teeny but threatened by the idea if oh donating!!! :wacko: No idea why. Maybe that's why there aren't many?

Not going to lie, I don't like the idea of my OH being a sperm donor :( Terribly selfish of me I know but I want to be the only one to have his children.

That's not selfish blah. I think I wouldbe be the same. Very uneasy about another woman carrying my OH's baby (bologically) :hugs:
xx

Me too Blah, He is 17 years older than me and I worry one day I kid is gonna turn up saying he is their dad from when he was 20 or something

Its a completely normal reaction, which is why there's a distinct lack of donors around now... I have a normal, healthy body, but it'll cost me a lot of money to get pregnant, which IMO is unfair - I shouldn't be unable to have a child because of my lifestyle choice. I'm no different to any other woman, I've just got a female partner. Its a hard one, but finding a donor privately (as in free) is extremely difficult.

Its a completely normal reaction, which is why there's a distinct lack of donors around now... I have a normal, healthy body, but it'll cost me a lot of money to get pregnant, which IMO is unfair - I shouldn't be unable to have a child because of my lifestyle choice. I'm no different to any other woman, I've just got a female partner. Its a hard one, but finding a donor privately (as in free) is extremely difficult.

Personally i'd have no problem with my partner (if i had one :dohh:) being a donor. I'm planning to donate eggs in a few years so it's the same thing really. It's a shame there isn't moredone to encourage it.

Tegan's Mama, i know of someone in the same position as you and she and her partner were incredibly lucky to have a friend who offered to donate. I hope you are able to find a donor somehow too x

I think she is irresponsible and its lunacy. It's morally wrong. This girl needs psychiatric help. Having children is not a game its a lifelong commitment. What is the world coming too seriously!!!!!?

I can sympathis with her desperate desire for a child. Its a longing that cannot ever be satisfied until you have that baby in your arms. That being said however, I believe the right of the child to know who his/her father is and be born healthy to a healthy mother is far more important and should outweigh the wants/needs of the lady in question.

And she is only 25.. what's the rush? :shrug:

I'm sorry but witnessing a friends child being born does not make you instantly ready to have a child yourself. She's seems very selfish and irresponsible to me

As for my DH becoming a sperm donor, I wouldn't have a problem with it personally as I will be looking into surrogacy which if my eggs are used is the same principle iygwim

"When I find a potential sperm donor, I get their first name and ask if they have any STDs.

As if they're gona admit to having an STD!!!! Wat the hell?!

I dont agree with the way shes doing it..there's no reason she couldn't go the donor route, like me and my OH, its hard trying to find one who will do it for free and who isnt a weirdo, but it's possible!!

She is 25 and time is running out?:shrug: What planet is she on:dohh: (of course if she has a medical condition that's a different story).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->