I bought a doll..

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
Me and DH have talked a little about what experience he has with children... Not much because he was the second to last baby in his family... And the other was just a couple months behind him... And the last baby I've been around a lot is already 6 years old... So were both a bit rusty on our baby caring skills... So I was out at Target, and picked up a newborn size baby doll, and we are practicing LOL. Seriously, I had him practicing feeding the baby, changing her, putting her in her car seat, I think he thinks I'm nuts, but I'd rather him have a little practice, and be more comfortable when LO arrives, then be terrified and not know what to do! Anyone else thought of this, or am I really nuts? LOL.

:rofl: I hadn't really thought of doing that, but it makes sense in a strange sort of way

This is what they do in some parenting classes.

I was going to say the same thing! I remember the home economics class in High School had the students carry a baby doll for a week as lessons!

What a sweet DH you have, though ;) My DH would probably think i am nutty and opt to babysit a friend's baby instead :dohh:

:rofl:It makes sense I just never would of thought of that :rofl:

I think my OH could do with some practice. He makes out he knows loads about babies and I know nothing. He makes out as if I must have never even come into contact with a baby, forgetting that women tend to get really involved with their friends and families babies.

He's not even looked at our pram to figure out how it works. After ages of not wanting a pram with a carry cot he then complained he didn't think we needed a car seat but a carry cot that can go in the car like his sister has - this is after we have bought a pram with no detachable carrycot!!

I'm slightly worried how I'm going to cope with trying to figure things out with a newborn myself and dealing with his "useful advice".

When I was in highschool, I had to bring one of the dolls home that cried. Being 16, and going out with my friends all the time, that thing drove me nuts. LOL. But it really was a learning experience.

LOL and men always think they know everything.. they never admit when they were wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->