I can have a homebirth if...

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
'They promptly clamp and cut the umbilical cord to reduce risk of PPH.' Will this be bad for my baby? I had a PPH before at 10 days after baby was born so I am happy they ok'd it but I don't want to if it won't be best for my baby. Any facts, pros/cons and experience welcome!

I wanted a home birth with my last child but couldn't because I pph just after delivering with the child before ����

They said I was too high risk because it's likely to happen again, but it didn't. In fact I was induced with a drip with my 2nd child, horrendous labour, and the 3rd was spontaneous over within a few hours with no pain relief so no two are the same!

I'm hoping il be allowed one this time!

I wanted a home birth with my last child but couldn't because I pph just after delivering with the child before ����

They said I was too high risk because it's likely to happen again, but it didn't. In fact I was induced with a drip with my 2nd child, horrendous labour, and the 3rd was spontaneous over within a few hours with no pain relief so no two are the same!

It's not a case of not being allowed. You can birth any place you choose, it's your choice where you birth. Health professionals are there to inform you & for you to make the best choice for you & your baby. You do not need to ask permission. It's about getting informed, taking it on board & making that choice for yourself.

It's unfortunate that women are made to feel like they have no choice by health professionals.

You should print out some newer studies that show delayed cord clamping has no effect on pph. Sounds like they are acting on old misconceptions!

I have read that it has no affect on PPH. So I think I'm gonna bring it up with the midwife and ask for even 3-5 minutes delay(I've read the benefits are great even for 3-5 minutes) as another 'condition' was I get the injection(begins with an S:haha:) to also lower risk which I have seen evidence for. I definitely think he was working on old knowledge. Thanks ladies:)

I hope you get your home birth! I had a PPH and then a birth with no complications so that's why they ok'd it:) so hopefully they will for you.!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->