I can no longer find the heartbeat. Has anyone had experience of this?

Well there was a lady on my group on another site who's midwife couldn't find hers, nor could a second one, so they sent her for a scan and while she was waiting a third midwife tried, again no HB, but upon scanning baby was bopping away safe and sound! So it does happen!! Hope you can find it this weekend tho, Monday is a long time to wait and worry, you poor thing xxx

I just read an article about why doctors and midwives hate home Dopplers because people can't find the heartbeat and then panic and everything is fine. Or because people think they found the heartbeat but it's really not and there's a problem. Take a deep breath. I'm sure everything is fine. It's very hard to find the heartbeat that young because they have so much room to hide.

Well...I could tell you to not worry, but I know I'd be a mess if I were in your shoes. I would absolutely try to put the doppler down, and perhaps try again tomorrow after several hours have passed. It is very unlikely that anything is wrong, and I agree with everyone else that baby probably has changed locations, positions, and is hiding somewhere. Baby is still small at this point, and it does happen.

Gosh, Monday probably feels like an eternity away. I'm sorry you're going through this. Please keep us posted.

Awk any luck yet in finding baby?

This is why I won't invest in a doppler. And I've been advised not too for the same reasons. I'd just worry and stress out. I'm generally okay after the first ultrasound when a heartbeat is established. But I also feel baby moving quite early too so I've never had to worry.

As for the anterior placenta making it hard to pick up a heartbeat, it's true. I had an anterior placenta with DS3 and the midwife could only pick it up around my sides. Try my belly and it was a no go - nothing. But I was also treated for GD too so I had the luck of fortnightly ultrasounds to help as well.

But there could be a number of reasons you're not able to find the heartbeat. I'd try not to worry until your scan until you know what is going on. Best of luck. <3

Try changing the batteries in your Doppler. I had an issue once where I suddenly couldn't hear heartbeat, my battery indicator on my sonoline said my battery was fine. But I changed them anyway and suddenly there was baby!! Just give it a try!!

Still have you in my thoughts! I hope everything is okay!

Thinking of you hope the scan goes well and baby was just hiding xxx

Good luck today :hugs: I had to go in for a scan this pregnancy because they couldn't find the heartbeat and it was incredibly stressful :hugs:

Best of luck today! We're all rooting for you!

Hey all. Im not sure that she'll be back in here and I know a bunch of you are waiting on an update. We were in the same DD group. She went over the weekend for a scan and it wasn't a positive outcome. I'll let her do an update if she comes back in, but I didn't want you all wondering and/or worrying.

How awful :cry: Keeping you in my thoughts xxx :hugs:

Oh, dear. :( I'm so terribly sorry to read this. Please give her our love, and let her know that we send our deepest sympathies. :(

I know how she feels,, my heart is broken for her.. I am so sorry :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->