I can't believe I'm here!

Bookwrmgal

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got positive HPT this past Wednesday, my betas confirmed on Friday, and a whole bunch of twinges and nausea to confirm I am pregnant with my first child.
I'm 39 so I am really overwhelmed and terrified. DH still can't believe the news.

Hi Book!!!!!!!!

Yes hun, you are here!!!! Its exciting isnt it. Wait til you see bubba on scan for the first time, or feel bubba move for the first time.......its crazy!!!

Yay, congrats! Lots of sticky baby dust for you. :)

Hi Bookworm! So excited for you! Big congrats.

Hi to Taurus too. Good to see you both over here! :happydance:

Thanks ladies but I am afraid I was excited too early. Had my 2nd bloods today at 16dpo and it's only up to 173 from my 13dpo beta level of 88.

That's still a doubling time of 72 hours, which is in the realm of normal. :)

Thanks. That makes me feel better. It was 68 hours in between tests so I thought the numbers were good but the nurse says they want it at 66% . She didn't sound very encouraging, which of course freaked me out. Trying to remain positive though.

Hang in there, Bookworm. Are they going to do another round of betas?

I don't know much about betas (as in not had them done in my first pregnancy or this one) but it seems like it's rising adequately? Don't lose hope x

Hang in there, Bookworm. Are they going to do another round of betas?

Thanks, Radkat. I have the next test on Friday. I have nausea and poking feeling so I am taking it as a good sign

Just heard back from the nurse about my 3rd betas.

I went from 88 13dpo to 173 16dpo to 814 20dpo:happydance:

They want to do another round next week and I scheduled my first u/s for 8/1.

Congrats on your pregnancy! We are just a few days apart on our due dated :)

That's great! LO just needed a minute to snuggle in and pump out some good amounts of hcg. Yay! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->