i can't believe what i read sometimes

sierra19

Reaction score
i frequent another forum and someone asked opinions on bach's rescue remedy and so i left a response. i feel like i was attacked for believing in homeopathy, reflexology and other forms of alternative medicine. then to top it off the posters were questioning my intelligence. that just infuriated me because i consider myself to be very intelligent - and if you ask others that know me they would agree. i graduated high school early, went straight to college (paying for myself all the way) graduated college with 2 degrees and a teaching credential (in California); and taught in some of the craziest inner city schools in a city of 700,000+. really i don't care if others don't believe in it, we are all entitled to our opinions; but you don't have to dismiss others beliefs and belittle them because you believe in something different-that's the real ignorance. i really want to post the 'ignorance' thing there but i assume that they wont understand it and i will be considered a jerk for saying so.
sorry needed to get it out-
but not only do i get this from strangers i also get it from the inlaws-who just don't understand...they freaked out about the last baby being delivered at home and they are already starting in with - you're not going to do that again.

ugh!:wacko:

Hang in there <3
I wish i had the option of having a homebirth where i live. however we have no midwives in our area. But i'm sure if i was my family would be making similar comments on my sanity:haha:
Its your body, your baby.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hate close-minded people. I wish I knew more people like you personally!

I can totally understand where you are coming from. Of course, I don't get the "Oh, are you going to try the homebirth thing again?" from my in-laws, I get it from my parents.

:hug:
Some people are just not open to ideas hon, their loss :flow:

Ps - I love Rescue Remedy! And homeopathy, and reflexology for that matter; and a fair few other complimentary therapies.
Most people think I'm a fruit loop!

Just wanted to say, I belive in Rescue Remedy - it helped me pass my driving test! I gave it to friends when they were taking theirs too!

Just ignore the others, we all belive in different things, otherwise we'd be boring!

i frequent another forum and someone asked opinions on bach's rescue remedy and so i left a response. i feel like i was attacked for believing in homeopathy, reflexology and other forms of alternative medicine. then to top it off the posters were questioning my intelligence. that just infuriated me because i consider myself to be very intelligent - and if you ask others that know me they would agree. i graduated high school early, went straight to college (paying for myself all the way) graduated college with 2 degrees and a teaching credential (in California); and taught in some of the craziest inner city schools in a city of 700,000+. really i don't care if others don't believe in it, we are all entitled to our opinions; but you don't have to dismiss others beliefs and belittle them because you believe in something different-that's the real ignorance. i really want to post the 'ignorance' thing there but i assume that they wont understand it and i will be considered a jerk for saying so.
sorry needed to get it out-
but not only do i get this from strangers i also get it from the inlaws-who just don't understand...they freaked out about the last baby being delivered at home and they are already starting in with - you're not going to do that again.

ugh!:wacko:

I'm totally with you, I love Rescue Remedy. I used to suffer with terrible panic attacks until i found it. It just takes the edge off so i can deal with the rest. I have some on my desk as we speak. :haha:
You can’t call yourself an intelligent human if you don’t think for yourself. I would wonder if these people have actually tried it with an open mind.

When i was a child my parents only gave homeopathy treatments and I was much healthier than others my age. I barely had colds ect...:shrug:

I put my full trust in tried and tested alternative products and I plan to have a drug free birth too. This totally annoys my in-law as they think its dangerous and I’m not taking their grandbaby’s life seriously!!!!!:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->