"I can't believe you're happy to be prego"

MarissaFaith

Austin's Mommy :)
Reaction score
Omg - I don't even have enough fingers to count how many people have said that to me... It's like the second they find out I'm OKAY with being 16 and pregnant they say something like "Wow :shock: I can't believe your are happy, excited, not loosing your mind, not giving it away, etc."

WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!!! There is no reason I WOULDN'T be happy! Babies are blessings - no matter what age you are! Is it that unusual to be happy you're giving life to another human, even at a young age???

Ugh, it's really starting to piss me off! TWO girls from my old school have already said that to me today. The next person who says that is gonna be sorry :gun:

Some people just can't imagine making that sacrifice, which is what raising a child is. You do what is best for your baby, suddenly your world is no longer entirely about you. Especially as a teen, most would want to do what they want instead of knowing they may have to choose between that and what is best for a child. I know before I got pregnant I could not fathom the idea of giving up so much (of course I do now), of course how they phrase it couldn't be more uncouth :haha:

Hang in there, some people just don't understand.

At least you ARE actually happy. Some people choose not to accept the fact they made the decision to be a parent and choose to be miserable their whole pregnancy...you obviously chose to accept realty and be happy about your baby instead of being negative about it.:shrug: I mean someone said this to my best friend when she ended up pregnant but thats because she found out and was automatically excited and started looking at baby stuff online:wacko: lmao but thats different...be happy that you're happy..at least YOU know that you wont be suffering with regret and sadness when bebe is here:kiss:

It's a rude thing to say, people need to watch the things that come out of their mouth. Just because they would be scared doesn't mean you will be. Some people think they can say really tactless things to young pregnant girls, but we deserve the same respect as a woman who's in her thirties and married. A mother is a mother and a baby is a baby and we shouldn't be thought of as any different.

that's rude of them!

just hearing the word "prego" would have set me off! I'm not spaghetti sauce, dammit!

It's a rude thing to say, but I can understand it. Even though some people are mature enough to have a baby at 16, there are many that aren't, in fact most aren't. At 16 you're still a child, still learning and having a baby is a HUGE sacrifice. Just because it's what you want and what you're happy about doesn't mean your life is suddenly complete and a walk in the park. My parents were really upset about me being pregnant and I was three months off being 19.

I hope I don't sound harsh, but I can see where they are coming from even though they need to keep their opinions to themselves.

i've had people say that to me aswell, along with the "shouldn't you be scared?" type of thing. tbh i'm happier now than i've ever been! i'm glad i'm not the only one who's found it rude - ofc you're gonna be excited, you're having a baby!! :hugs:

If anyone dared to say that to me they wouldnt have a face left i can tell you that now!
The fact you've being open,honest and unashamed about your pregnancy should tell people that of course your happy!
People just cant help but stick their big noses in and have their say weather its wanted or not!
Another saying that drives me mad is "Didnt think you were the type to get pregnant!"
Im sorry! am i that revolting that know one would touch me!? lmao!

x

I can definitley see why that'd annoy you i'd be pretty pissed if anyone said that to me.

I'd just be like I fell pregnant, no it wasn't planned (in my case it wasn't planned) and i've thought about how much this is going to impact my life and have thought about all my options but i'm willing to make this sacrifice for my baby and i'm fully aware of how hard it's going to be but it's also going to be one of the most amazing experiences and blessing in my life.

I'm glad you're happy about your pregnancy! as much as it was a shock for me i'm over the moon! i'd enjoy it more if i wasn't so nauseous though hehe.

:flow: don't let them bother you!

Omg me too! and I'm 18! I'm quite able to make some adult choices thank you very much. I literally got told the same thing because I constantly blabber about it on another site I go on, or the fact that I smile more when I go out with my BF. I'm very happy to be pregnant if you ask me. It's not something that was expected, but that just makes it more special. I don't regret seeing my peanut on screen and watching it develop into a person. It's a very beautiful thing to witness and I'm very grateful I get to experience it because I know there are women out there who are not so lucky. Still, I don't think it's anyone's right to try to ruin your happiness or bring you down. So ridiculous people just can't mind their own business!

Even though my boobs are sore, I eat and pee non stop, I throw up non stop, I'm still very happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->