I cant control blood sugars!! Im panicing

Little Muffin

Reaction score
I've had gestational diabetes and have been diagnosed since 31 weeks. At first diet alone could control my BS, then it started spiraling out of control just within 2 weeks of finding out I had it.

Eventually diet and glyburide still couldn't control it. My sugars would still run 140-190 after meals, and 100-140 fasting.
I'm 36 weeks (37 weeks tomorrow) and my OB didn't put me on insulin until just yesterday.

It still hasn't been working. Fasting blood sugar was still 127, with after meals being 150-160.
I'm so upset. My last growth scan was 4 weeks ago, and and baby was measuring good. But I'm so terrified hell be too big to deliver vaginally.. or worse.

I can't afford a c section. I have no one to take care of me and baby while I'd heal. I don't want to think about the worse risk factors.

Your insulin needs increased. I went through that at 27 weeks and it has been increased every 1-2 weeks since. Call your doctor or diabetes med manager.

My sugars were great until last week and my dr is going to induce me 36-37 weeks if they don't go back down. He said he didn't see the point in putting me on insulin for 2 weeks. I hope they start going down

Can you explain your diet? How many times do you eat per day...how many carbs per meal...when is your last snack of the day and what time do you take your fasting blood glucose?

I live in Australia and was diagnosed with GD at 27w . The diagnosis was rough on me and I was paranoid but I had the most amazing OBG who told me not to worry unless he asked me too.. At 36 weeks my dr told me that I had to be induced at 38 weeks as that is when the placenta usually stops supplying nutrients to the baby when mum has GD.. My induction went smoothly and baby was born 3 hours after starting the pitocin my dr had asked the anaesthetist to give me an epidural before administering the pitocin .. Had absolutely no pain whatsoever .. My princess was born weighing 6lb and is a healthy 6 month old weighing 14lb..all the diet control and exercise helped me stay fit as well .. I gained only 10 kilos through out my pregnancy had an amazing birth experience and would nt have it any other way .

As long as your BS levels are not way above the limits do not worry , except for the readings post dinner my levels were usually out of whack even with the diet control and insulin dosages thrice a day .. Short acting insulin before breakfast & lunch and long acting after dinner.. My endocrinologist had even told me 2 increase the dosage by 2 units myself after every high reading and bubs is just fine. Don't worry I sometimes even had some gelato and nuts after dinner .. My levels after breakfast were always the highest .. Always try to balance the carbs/sugar with proteins.

Sorry for the long reply but I know how paranoid we can get and wanted to reassure u that it ll be just fine
Good luck to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->