I can't function like this

rosegarden620

Reaction score
The nausea train has arrived.
I was hoping what I had been feeling was the most I would feel. But just like every other pregnancy I've had I am sick sick sick, constantly on the verge of throwing up. Permanent grimace on my face. I can't sleep because of the nausea. I'm a nurse in the ER---I'm hoping that I can mange because once I'm there it's game time and there's nothing better to distract you than a critical patient. But what if not!?!

Why does it have to be that I get sick as a dog every pregnancy for at least 16 weeks??

It feels real now. I'm miserable. Thinking of getting one of the docs to prescribe me phenergan....zofran didn't work and made me constipated beyond belief last pregnancy.

This isn't my first rodeo but it feels like desperation every time. Also will make it 10x harder to keep a secret.

Anybody else have intense nausea for all of their pregnancies??

Yes I did! This one was by far the worst. I had HG and was hospitalized for days bc of dehydration. Was on 3 different type of meds: zofran, maxeran and diclectin and still I felt super sick. I was so so so lucky that it stopped completely at 13 weeks and now I've managed to gain close to 50#s. It's really awful. No advice expect get some meds and hopefully it will subside sooner this Time! Feel better xx

Me! I'm 6w 3 and just had my first epic puke. Been feeling rough for a week but it's here now. I work in a school and feeling sick all day with 5 year olds, who are sick, has done me in!
Last pregnancy I was sick from 7w to about 24w. I hope it doesn't last this long this time!
Having said all that, o find the pukes reassuring. Hormone levels must be raging!

Hope you manage hon. You're right about keeping it secret though. I've already had to tell the folks I work most closely with.

Yep puking all day... and with work and a 3yo its helll...

I feel so awful and constantly sick it makes me wanna cry.

Nothing but sympathy over here :(

Sorry to read your feeling like this! I am lucky I havnt experienced any sickness but I do feel tired!

I hope the sickness goes for you soon :)

I'm a nurse as well and have had constant nausea since 5 weeks and it's been miserable, I'm just over 9 weeks now. I do find that my nausea seems a little better at work but only because it's a distraction.

Have you tried doxylamine succinate (unisom) and b6? They are pregnancy category A drugs and available over the counter. Until I started taking them regularly, I was barely able to get through a day at work. I don't think I would have been able to continue to work without them. It can make you a little drowsy until you get used to it but I take a larger dose at night , 25mg and once my body got more used to it, I took 6.25mg a few times a day, I don't feel drowsy now at all with the 6.25 at work. There is an extended release version available by prescription, I expect it would have less sedating effects.

I also wear sea bands which press on an acupuncture point that is supposed to help with nausea. I was skeptical but they seem to help and when I forgot to wear them at work one day, my nausea was way worse.

I really feel for you, it sucks to have to go through this. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Thanks ladies.
It really can be all consuming!!! Yesterday was horrendous and I called of work. I slept the day away. Thank goodness for my mother and husband who truly were my rocks.

Today, I feel decent!!! So I'm cleaning and doing everything else I can before I feel like dying again. Anybody else find that the severity fluctuates in days?? I'll take every other day!!

Yes with my last and fifth pregnancy I was sick from 5 weeks until the night before I gave birth. They tried every kind of anti-nausea medication they had but nothing helped! I feel for you and I truly hope yours is close to being over!!!!

This is my first Pregnancy and everything makes me feel very queasy. I'm always scared t eat because I don't want to throw up. And I promise I'm sleepy as ever . All I want to do is sleep my life away when ever I'm off work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->