I can't get a midwife appt

fizzypop

Reaction score
It's been almost 3 weeks and 13 phone calls to various departments and I still have no midwife appointment. Long story but every number I call I get told to ring a different one. I have got through to a midwife but she was really annoyed at me calling her because it was her day off. Then I phoned her a few days later and it was her day off again!! She waa really pissed off! Now I darent call her again.

With my first I just got a phonecall from a midwife and made an appointment. The system has probably changed but surely there must be a way to get a midwife?! Surely they have had pregnancies in Essex before?!!!!!!

I'm almost tempted to not bother with a midwife!!!!!!

Oh how crappy!! Here you book in to see your doctor first and then they get a midwife to call you and make an appt.

Can your doctor help? Or try ringing a local hospital?

A midwife rang me last week but I was at work and couldn't take her calls. I left a message telling her my work hours and lunch break times and was never phoned back. I rang again yesterday as I'm now off work until I start my new job in a couple of weeks so can be reached at any time to book my first appt. I've heard nothing again. :(

Oh god how annoying! The midwife that rang you sounds like the one to get hold of again! Just keep trying I guess. Its so crappy because booking the first appointment is exciting!

I would make an appointment with your GP and they should refer you to the midwife team. X

A midwife was supposed to be coming to my house, nearly 4 weeks ago! She didn't turn up, when I rang she said she had been called in for an emergency, fair enough. But, she was supposed to ring me to rearrange.. I've not heard anything and I get no where on the phone either!

where i am you dont even here from a midwife till 9 weeks. you goto the gp.. they test your urine and them put your details to the midwife. she calls you at around 9 weeks to come out at 10 weeks for your booking in appointment and books your 12 week scan while she is here

What a pain. Try booking an appointment with your GP and getting referred that way. I just had to ring up my local doctors surgery and they booked it for me :wacko:

Thanks ladies.. I've been to my GP and he gave me a number to call (they told me to ring a different one and so on.....).

So weird, with #1 it was much simpler!

Littleluce, where in Essex are you? :)

Thanks ladies.. I've been to my GP and he gave me a number to call (they told me to ring a different one and so on.....).

So weird, with #1 it was much simpler!

Littleluce, where in Essex are you? :)

I'm in Colchester. This is my first baby and I'm terrified arghhh! Lol xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back