I can't get home because of the snow!!

KayCee114

Mummy to Grace <3
Reaction score
DH and I came shopping to the other side of the city from where we live as my brother works for sainsburys and we can get his 15% staff discount..!

While we were in the shop, the snow came down really fast and settled on all the roads, even the main road back to the city centre!

It took us 40 mins to get out of the carpark and about 200m down the road, then we decided to abandon the idea of getting home due to being stuck in traffic and how long it had taken just to get that far.

It took us 20 mins to get back to the shop, got the car into the underground carpark and went and told he staff that we were having to abandon the car there (which they were fine about and said we weren't the only ones)

my brother walked from my mums house to help dan carry the perishable shopping to their house up a hill not too far away. Dan wouldn't let me carry anything so he and my brother carried it all while I looked like a right lazy moo walking next to them!

We are now at my mums, in the warm and had dinner, but have no change of clothes or anything! My cat is stuck in the house at home with no dinner or breakfast in the morning! :-(

don't know how and when we will be able to get back. I'm really hoping they shut the office tomorrow as I don't want to have to take a holiday, and can't afford unpaid leave.

We have to be able to get home tomorrow to Gizmo!!

We are forecast more heavy snow at about 9pm tonight and temps aren't going to go above 1-2 degrees so it won't be melting any time soon.

Anyone else stranded?? :-(

Oh no you poor thing hope it ease so you can go and feed your cat and get back home :hugs:

Oh no! Hope you get home tomorrow one way or another - your cat will ignore you for days!

I hope you can get home I want loads of snow i love snow ;) x

Oh no hope you can get home soon, your cat will be fine dont worry too much. Im hoping it all holds off here till wed afternoon.

I hope you get back soon. I nearly got stranded earlier in Buxton, but luckily managed to get some people to help me get moving again!

See if someone can lend you a dressing gown then you can pop everything into the washing machine.

By tomorrow you will find that the roads will have been cleared by the monday morning traffic and you should be able to get on the road lunch time. But you might want to think about what you need in the house as its likly now once you get home your not going to get out again for a few days.

Its really bad here too. I had to go and feed and muck out my horse today - was murder getting there had to wait hour and a half for a bus and by the time i had done - only 4:30pm - they had stopped running the buses and i had to walk home in the snow on my own for an hour!! Wasn't good :nope:

Just hoping its better for work tomorrow! Need to get to the farm again too! :growlmad:Stupid snow!!

I hope you get back soon. I nearly got stranded earlier in Buxton, but luckily managed to get some people to help me get moving again!

Is it bad in Buxton? My OH deliverys warburtons bread there and im going to be so worried about him tomorrow :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->