I can't sleep ='[

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
I'm at my wits end. I can't sleep! And it's not even like my LO is the cause of it because she mostly sleeps through, but even before I had her my sleep wasn't brilliant. But since I've had her it's even worse.. It takes me hours to go to get to sleep once I'm in bed..And then once I'm asleep I can't stay asleep. I wake up atleast 6 times in a night and it's starting to run me down :cry:

I'm on maternity leave at the moment but I'm dreading this will carry on when I'm back at work:cry:. I'm already feeling like a zombie,I've been up since 4.30am because I'm sick of just laying in bed staring at the ceiling. So tired am I I'm sat here in tears typing this. I can't go on like this. I don't want to have to result to sleeping tablets because I'm terrified they'll knock me out an I won't wake up for LO when she wakes:cry:. What can I do. I'm so run down

oh hun I can really symathise Im going through exactly the same thing. Last night was a grand total of 20 mins *cry* and am also worried about tablets stopping me waking.

Have you spoke to your doc? x

:hugs::hugs: I know exactly where you are coming from, i go through phases of being totally unable to sleep. The advice i have may not help, but its worth a shot :)

Taking a nice long walk during the day can really help tire you out in the evenings, no caffiene after 5pm, turn off the tv/pc at least an hour before bed (watching TV/ going online keeps your brain active when it should be winding down) and do something really relaxing before bed like drink a warm milky drink, read a book etc etc

xxxxxxxx

I can sympathise :hugs:

I've always been a rubbish sleeper, but having lo's made me worse... The only thing I find helps is some valerian tincture, they have it at holland and barret x

an easy thing you could try is getting outside in the mornings. Because if you get a lot of light in the mornings outside it helps settle your cycles. It will make you more tired towards the evenings and hopefully help you sleep.

Although I wouldn't recommend sleeping tablets until you've tried anything, I just wanted to let you know that there are tablets that help you get to sleep but don't knock you out. I had really bad sleep problems and the doc put me on Sonata which work quickly but only for a short while so they help you get to sleep but not to stay asleep and you don't feel groggy in the morning. so if all else fails it may be worthing chatting to your GP about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->