I can't stand the smell of food cooking!

BoyMom1416

Reaction score
I'm constantly just wanting take-out, because the smell of food being cooked is awful! Things that I normally LOVE to cook, tacos, spaghetti, anything makes me horribly nauseous. I can't eat it if it has been cooked around me. I just made myself some lunch, and I can't eat, the smell in my house from it has made me so sick. I'm so incredibly sick of this. With my boy's pregnancies, I had typical food aversions, but never where I literally couldn't smell a single thing being cooked. Does anyone else have this problem? What do you do to help?

I had this with my first pregnancy and also ate aaaaalot of take away (and put on alottttt of weight.) Do you have a garage and a slow cooker? Could you prepare some slow cooker meals to cook in the garage so the smell isnt throughout the house?

That's a great idea. We do have a garage, never thought of putting a slow cooker in there. I'll have to grab some recipes. I am so incredibly sick of eating out I could cry.

I could of written this!! My OH keeps making cheese and chilli omelettes every morning for breakfast and the smell lingers til lunch time its just awful. I heated up some coconut oil in a pan to fry some chicken last night and the smell of the burning of the pan from the hob made me want to throw up so bad. Hoping it passes for us all soon! X

Same here! Cant stand my dh cooking and he made tacos the other night and I felt so sick for hours! I can’t cook unless it’s chicken nuggets in the oven! Poor dh, I haven’t cooked him dinner for weeks. I’ve been living off cereal and sandwiches!

Same here! Cant stand my dh cooking and he made tacos the other night and I felt so sick for hours! I can’t cook unless it’s chicken nuggets in the oven! Poor dh, I haven’t cooked him dinner for weeks. I’ve been living off cereal and sandwiches!

I ate sooooo much cereal with my DD. I literally had it 3 meals a day. I had about 5 or 6 different cereals in the pantry to choose from.

I ate sooooo much cereal with my DD. I literally had it 3 meals a day. I had about 5 or 6 different cereals in the pantry to choose from.

I can only manage weetabix and Cheerios, ha ha!! Anything else is too sweet. Oatmeal in the evening has been good so I don’t wake up sick hungry in the night.

Glad I'm not the only one! This is the first pregnancy that my sense of smell is like a police dog. It's insane. I have to sleep with my back towards my dh, because I wake up in the middle of the night and smell his breath. I can't wait for this to pass. I'm wasting so much food, because I make it, then can't eat it.

I admittedly ate a lot of canned food and microwavable food during the first trimester with all my pregnancies for this very reason. I think I'm starting to get morning sickness already, or at least a touch of it, because last night I made meatloaf and it had me gagging the whole time it was cooking. Today when I went to eat leftovers of it I had to spit the first bite out because the taste was just like the smell. It is awful. Really all I can recommend is eating as much room temperature foods as you can (except obvious things like meat) such as fruit, bread, etc and avoid the strong smelling foods until you feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->