I can't stop! but I have to asap

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by LegoHouse, Oct 8, 2013.

1. LegoHouse

LegoHouse Mummy of one of each <3

My son drinks cows milk from a cup and I am purely a pacifier, but I need to start takimg aspirin today and I am unsure whether to stop cold turkey or cut down? Will stopping cold turkey have a really bad effect on him? He is 15 months old.

2. Tess.ie

Tess.ie In love with our lil girl

Cold turkey wouldn't be that nice for you or LO, especially if he still feeds frequently. Cut back one feed every few days and watch for mastitis :)

3. Super G

Super G Well-Known Member

How much aspirin do you have to take? I think it may well be ok depending on the dosage.
    Please do check it out properly as you may not need to stop.
    If I get pregnant I may need to take a small dose each day and I researched ages ago & concluded it would be ok.

4. LegoHouse

LegoHouse Mummy of one of each <3

75mg. I was given a lot of information today and I was basically told it's more than likely OK but my breasts are super sore so we're going to cut down rather than go cold turkey x

5. Dk1234

Dk1234 Mom to Coen

I'm on 81mg of aspirin and no one told me to stop. Why would we need to stop. I nursed my first with asprin

6. shanny

shanny mother of 4 and an angel

i have done cold turkey had to -- wasnt too b ad pumped off to relieve fullness lo ok