I cant stop thinking

oOKayOo

Reaction score
I am very very paranoid about meningitis , ella sometimes stares at nothing expressionless and i remember someone saying it was the first sign. She cries alot with a high pitched cry (she is teething and i just thought she isnt dealing with it well) she always seems irritable.

Im driving my self sick and i suffer from awful panic attacks and this really isnt helping me watching her incase she does something that ticks the sypmtoms of meningitis. Am i being sill , i have a gut feeling something is wrong but my OH says She hasnt/doesnt look or act any different...

Am i the only one to feel like this or is there something wrong..?

Sorry if i sound wierd i need to get this out before i go insane.

You don't sound weird at all :hugs: It's unlikely that she won't have any other symptoms at all if she has it though - babies do just stare blankly sometimes, and if you can easily get her attention when she does it, and the high pitched cry doesn't continue when she's picked up I'd try not to worry too much. Although babies won't all show all symptoms, she would probably be uncomfortable most of the time, and would probably have a fever too...I'm sure she's absolutely fine but it's hard not to worry, isn't it? :hugs: x

"Babies with meningitis may have a fever, be difficult to wake, may refuse feeds continuously, and have a blank, staring expression. Parents also sometimes notice a high-pitched moan or cry, and that their baby is irritable when picked up."

:hugs:
sweetie you dont sound wierd, your instinct is to protect and nurture carly and ella...
and when ever you think they start to show a symptom of an illness you immediatley thik the worst..
Rhiannon's consultant in SCBU told me this as i was crying myself sick nearly everyday..as to me it was ill babies that were in SCBU and she didnt look ill..
im the same as you but not just meningitis its everything, if she vomits after a feed i watch her like a hawk in case its the start of an illness my family think im crazy but i dont care she means to much to me, im sure you feel the same about your babies :hugs: X

thanks for replying, im just going out of my mind with worry :(
she does have a little fever i just put it down to teething. doesnt refuse feeds at all :lol: and she is irritable when picked up, not all the time though. Also she always has a blank face when she looks around? do all babies do that ?
Im drivng my OH up the wall with all these questions. :lol:

Sam used to look around blankly too - not so much any more. I think it's more that they're quite unresponsive with meningitis rather than just expressionless. If you distract her and talk to her does she look at you and smile? x

Rhiannon will clock something and stare blankly at it, and even if you call her name she will not look round at you or take her eyes off hwat she is looking at..its like she is in a trance...

im guessing thats normal as i do it sometimes :shrug:

is this what Ella's doing hun??

if i call her she does turn around and give me a big grin and sometimes stares at me with a blank expression depends what mood she is in i supose. Always resonds though.

Thank you for the replies im feeling so much better, OH saying 'how come you dont feel fine when i say everything is ok' :lol:

Now i can enjoy my movie without watching her the whole way through :lol: thanks again girls, lifted alot of worry of my chest :)

glad you feel alittle better :hugs:

that what we're here for XXX

hiya it might of been me that said this as my baby has just had meningitis allthough it was very obvious something was wrong when he had the blank expression look and i mean it was all he would do and he was drowsie he also had a rash and a temperature and a cold which were my babies first symptoms , sometimes babies do just gaze at things which is what your baby could be doing has your baby allways done this or has it just suddenly happend or is there any other symptoms ? xxx

Sam used to look around blankly too - not so much any more. I think it's more that they're quite unresponsive with meningitis rather than just expressionless. If you distract her and talk to her does she look at you and smile? x

yes this is true , my baby was more unresponsive all together

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->