I did it!!!

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
I made it through 6 months of ebf! I'm so very proud its been quite a journey. We had some ups and downs but I'm glad I stuck through it as long as I did.

Today will be the last day we 'exclusively' breastfeed. Tomorrow ill be adding a little formula to her lunch bottle everyday gearing up for combi-feeding so I can get a job next year. We'll also be actively starting solid foods..yay.. Hopefully I can still continue to breastfeed on my time off as long as possible. If things change and my supply can't keep up with things then I'll be ready!

Thank you ladies for all your support! Without this forum I probably would have talked myself into giving up a LOONNG time ago! (Within the first 6+ weeks when our babies are literally GLUED to the boob for hours, or during the 4 month sleep regression when I was nearly convinced she needed something more than my milk)

For the ladies struggling, I sincerely believe things will get better for you in time but in any case that they don't and you decide to switch, don't beat yourself up over it any amount of breastfeeding is amazing and your a wonderful mom no matter which feeding method you choose!

Congratulations! You've done amazingly. I so hope I'm at the same point in about a month too.

Yay! That is great! Congratulations! :D

I made it through 6 months of ebf! I'm so very proud its been quite a journey. We had some ups and downs but I'm glad I stuck through it as long as I did.

Today will be the last day we 'exclusively' breastfeed. Tomorrow ill be adding a little formula to her lunch bottle everyday gearing up for combi-feeding so I can get a job next year. We'll also be actively starting solid foods..yay.. Hopefully I can still continue to breastfeed on my time off as long as possible. If things change and my supply can't keep up with things then I'll be ready!

Thank you ladies for all your support! Without this forum I probably would have talked myself into giving up a LOONNG time ago! (Within the first 6+ weeks when our babies are literally GLUED to the boob for hours, or during the 4 month sleep regression when I was nearly convinced she needed something more than my milk)

For the ladies struggling, I sincerely believe things will get better for you in time but in any case that they don't and you decide to switch, don't beat yourself up over it any amount of breastfeeding is amazing and your a wonderful mom no matter which feeding method you choose!

Congrats! That is such a great accomplishment! And the last part of your post made me cry. I struggle all the time with having to supplement. I so wish bf would have went differently for us. I know others have said the same thing but it seems like I need to hear it often. Thanks for the encouragement. And wonderful job once again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->