I did it!!!!!!

Pearls18

Reaction score
I got to 6 months EBF no formula, no solids :)

It's been a tricky journey this time, no major issues in terms of supply/pain etc that others have but it has been exhausting, a baby that doesn't sleep well, is a snacky feeder, not comforted by BF at all, it's been a completely different scenario this time. Reflux, suspected CMPI (dismissed) At 3 months I bought a bottle of ready made formula out of exhaustion to try and get a break and get someone else to try (and to see if it helped him sleep...) but it's still sat in the cupboard.

Thanks to those that offered advice when I needed it. I'm not the most secure of parents, I doubt much of what I do but I am so proud to have been able to EBF both my boys for 6 months. I'm not sure where we go from here, I'm back to work in 2.5 months, starting tastes this weekend, I may start combi feeding, my minimum goal was 6 months, I am keen to finish BF but I won't it would be selfish while I am fully capable and FF sounds like a faff, but it's nice to know I won't need to express anymore as I will use formula for when I'm popping out.

Sorry very self indulgent thread, hopefully you guys will understand, I've been counting down to this day, it's on my calendar!

Happy half birthday little man :D

WELL DONE!!! That's a wonderful achievement and damn right you feel proud!

Our LOs were born on the same day, happy half year to them both xxx

Congrats! Sounds like you've had a tricky journey, well done on battling through it!

Congratulations! A fantastic achievement :)

Aww congratulations and well done on overcoming all those obstacles. It sounds like you've had a though time!

Congratulations! I was thrilled to make it a month, can't imagine how good 6 would feel! You have every right to be proud :)

Congratulations!! That is a big milestone. I am going to try to get baby to latch this time around, and won't give up. I exclusively expressed and fed out of a bottle with both of my kids as long as I could keep it up but it was so exhausting, and I felt I bonded more with the breast pump than my babies. Happy half year to your little one!

well done you!! :happydance:

now you can start to forget those tough times and get ready for #3 :winkwink:

Well done. That's a great achievement. I'm going through a tough time with BF'ing my little guy at the moment, so am setting myself what seems like a more achievable goal of 4 months for now, but I'd LOVE to get to 6.

Well done. That's a great achievement. I'm going through a tough time with BF'ing my little guy at the moment, so am setting myself what seems like a more achievable goal of 4 months for now, but I'd LOVE to get to 6.

That's how I did it hun, at around 3 months I very nearly gave formula, so I set myself 4 months and then actually got over our major obstacles so it wasn't too bad after that. Setting achievable goals definitely makes it more manageable, then you will have a feeling of accomplishment also whatever happens at 4 months :flower:

Thanks everyone, lol not sure about that 3rd babyv!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->