I did something dumb today...

amanda111308

Mama to 3 boys
Reaction score
I work in a mall and on my break decided to slip over to Thyme Maternity and I was trying on all kinds of clothes tehe... It was fun I put the fake bump on and then it dawned on me when I found some things I loved, that I could be totally jinxing myself... This is my first pregnancy since my loss in September and I normally don't believe in things like jinxing but I ended up leaving the store empty handed and feeling severely stupid... I want first tri to be over with already!!! Lol I want to be able to feel excited and not scared to death!

Lol sounds like something I would do. I am 13 week's today. And I still have my days when I am exhausted! Lol. Will it ever end?

I sensed every time I miscarried that something was wrong..... but with my successful pregnancies, although I was scared and worried, I had a peace about it... as long as you feel comfortable.... do what makes you happy. Enjoy your pregnancy... no matter how long it lasts, enjoy it. That is one thing I have learned.

I sensed every time I miscarried that something was wrong..... but with my successful pregnancies, although I was scared and worried, I had a peace about it... as long as you feel comfortable.... do what makes you happy. Enjoy your pregnancy... no matter how long it lasts, enjoy it. That is one thing I have learned.

This is beautiful advice, thank you:flower:

Hi Amanda :wave: good to see you over here!

I ended up buying a few maternity bits with my second pregnancy because I was getting a bump and was excited. When I lost him at 13 weeks I just put those clothes to the back of the wardrobe and hoped for a reason to dig them out again. I don't think I jinxed anything and now I have pretty mat clothes that I've used for 2 pregnancies! Just think positive, you will use them!

And lol at the shop having a fake bump, I've never heard of that it sounds fun!

I can understand why you feel like this as I would be exact same, however I don't think anything you do like that would jinx it, as if something is going to happen it would happen regardless.

As much as pregnancy after a miscarriage is a worrying time, it is also important to stay positive and hope for the best and by trying on maternity clothes that is what you were doing, being positive, and that sounds like a perfectly healthy thing to do to me.

I also wish the first trimester would be over as the worry can be really draining and ruins the enjoyment of what should be an exciting time.

x

Glad that you had fun. There is no such thing as jinxing a pregnancy ... whatever will be, will be... just relax and enjoy the moment :)

I worry telling people is jinxing it! But at the same time I agree, just relax and whatever will be will be - if only i could take my own advise!

Hi Amanda :wave: good to see you over here!

I ended up buying a few maternity bits with my second pregnancy because I was getting a bump and was excited. When I lost him at 13 weeks I just put those clothes to the back of the wardrobe and hoped for a reason to dig them out again. I don't think I jinxed anything and now I have pretty mat clothes that I've used for 2 pregnancies! Just think positive, you will use them!

And lol at the shop having a fake bump, I've never heard of that it sounds fun![/QUOTE

Yeah the shop has a bump that adds 3 months of pregnancy growth from wherever you are in your pregnancy. Haha it was so strange lol I was like Wow I don't ever remember being so big!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->