• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I didnt make it to work today :(

I just bought a book (called knitty gritty, I think) a ball of wool and some bamboo needles and within half an hour of opening the book I was knitting a blanket. The first one wasn't pretty but it was a start! Its really easy! There's a group called Lisa's Stars who donate to hospitals, they take all sorts of donations.
It made me feel good to be doing something for other angel parents...I really was grateful for the hats and blanket my girls were given. And it helped pass the time X

Good for you mhazzab! I can't knit to save my life! But I have been trying to do things for myself - I really want to get my hair cut short, it just feels so long and heavy right now. I have a hair appt next week so we'll see. :winkwink:

Pink_Sparkle - I apologize because I wrote you back, and like you, I find expressing my thoughts and feelings to be very therapeutic... so my e-mail is a bit long! :blush: sorry!!

I just watched a YouTube video on how to knit....It looks tricky!! Hmmm not sure if I'd be able to pick it up. It must be a real feel good factor knowing you are giving back to something that gave to you in your time of need...I'll need to get my thinking cap on and see if theres anything I could do as I would really love to help others in our situation.

Beaglemama thank you for replying :) It really does help just to spill out your heart.
Mhazzab, if you want to email just pm your email address. xx

I just watched a YouTube video on how to knit....It looks tricky!! Hmmm not sure if I'd be able to pick it up. It must be a real feel good factor knowing you are giving back to something that gave to you in your time of need...I'll need to get my thinking cap on and see if theres anything I could do as I would really love to help others in our situation.

Beaglemama thank you for replying :) It really does help just to spill out your heart.
Mhazzab, if you want to email just pm your email address. xx

I guess you could do some fundraising for some baby loss charities (SANDS, SiMBA) if you wanted to? Or donate some other stuff to the hospitals, little teddies or something?

Will PM you my email...feel free to use it anytime, I know I'm a bit ahead of you on this horrible journey but sometimes it helps to hear that it can get better or just to have someone to vent at! I still have bad days too, they are just further apart x

You are strong! I only took 4 weeks off with my first loss and did okay. I tokk 5 and 1/2 weeks this time and I totally have gone back to soon. I have worked a total of 4 days and only made it through one shift without having a breakdown and or panic attack. Please take your time and don't go back until you are ready! I am trying to tough it out, but I don't know how much longer I am going to be able to pretend to cope. Hang in there! There is nothing wrong with needing more time off! Take it if you need it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->