I don't feel I'm obssessed enough

A

AppleBlossom

about Grace. When I see all of you and how you are with your LO's I feel like I'm not as in love with Grace as I should be. Talking to my ex last night he told me that he couldn't see himself ever settling down with someone again because he doesn't want too and he would happily live alone for the rest of his life as long as he had Grace because that's all he needed and she was the real love of his life. Which is such a nice thing to hear but it made me realise I didn't feel the same. I DO want to find someone else and settle down. That's all I've ever wanted, a family, and if it can't be with the biological father then someone else. I love the whole, dating and falling in love thing. And I know that's normal but I want that as much as I want Grace if you get me. I love her to pieces and if something ever happened to her I would be just so devastated that I just don't want to ever think about it. He said one day it will hit me and I hope it does. I guess I just feel bad that I'm her mother and although I do everything for her and love her I feel there's just something missing. I think the best way to describe it is that I love her completely but I'm not completely in love with her. Please tell me that doesn't make me sound horrible!

:hugs: Dont really know what to say hun, maybe its all the shit you've had since she was born. Ive no doubt that you love her to bits.

I think that's completely understandable. It doesn't sound horrid in any way. Just because we have a baby doesn't mean we need to lose sight of the 'me' part you know. And hoping for something more than just you and girl doesn't mean you love her any less. xx

I think that's completely understandable. It doesn't sound horrid in any way. Just because we have a baby doesn't mean we need to lose sight of the 'me' part you know. And hoping for something more than just you and girl doesn't mean you love her any less. xx

Agree 100%

Agree 100%

me too, just because you have a baby now doesnt mean your life stops.

I want to move on with my life, I want to meet someone and I want to have a happy life. But I want Caitlyn to be a part of that and I'm sure you want the same for Grace. It doesn't make you any less of a mother because somethings missing in YOUR life. Grace loves you and you love her. Wanting more for yourself and to make yourself happy is good for Grace, your happiness will reflect on her x

I don't see any problem here! Just because you have a daughter, it doesn't mean you must give up everything else. You are 100% entitled to find yourself a partner, its a natural human behavior.

Some people IMO are too obsessed with their LO's that they forget about themselves. If you are not happy, how do you expect your child to be happy???

I've had some nasty comments about how I should spend more time with my boy because I work in the week and then occasionaly go mountain biking on the weekend. I feel guilty about not spending every possible moment with him, but I know that if I don't get to do something for me to help me relax and feel good then I'm just grumpy with him and personally I think thats worse.

Stop feeling guilty and let others make you feel guilty just because you want something for youself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->