I don't know how far along I am

lanet

pregnant after lttc
Reaction score
I'm irregular and since we have significant fertility problems I don't keep track of my cycles anymore. I "think" af was here around August 3. At the end of August I had some weird spotting that lasted a half hour and then nothing. This got me curious and even though I knew it was impossible I took a test 5 days later and then a week after that. Both negative so I put it out if my mind. Fast forward to sept 25 I decided to take another one because I was crampy with no af still. To my utter shock it was very very positive!! I got a digital and it came back 3+weeks! My beta was over 4,000 and over 8500 2 days later but I have to wait a month to get into the Dr and get a scan and find out how far along I am. What do you guys think? I'm guessing 6 weeks

I think you're pretty similar to me in that my af was 6th August. I'm 7+6 today so wouldn't you be 8+2 ish?

I would have thought if AF last made an appearance on 3rd August, you would be closer to 8 weeks?

That's the thing, my period is irregular and I had those negative tests so I don't think august 3 is accurate

I'd have said 8 weeks without the negative tests but with you getting one then retrying a week later and still being negative id say maybe you ovulated later, maybe 6-7 weeks ish? X

I'd agree 6-7 weeks due to the irregular periods and the negative tests. Congrats and good luck! Xxxxx

I'd think closer to 6 weeks with your hcg levels. I agree you're probably not as far along as af would calculate since youre Irregular. And you had a negative test 12 days after af. I would put that spotting as ovulation spotting and calculate dates based off that. That's just my opinion but it sounds more likely than 7-8 weeks.

Iv no idea how far along you are Hun but if I were you I think I would say 5 weeks because,of the 3+ pregnancy test and then when I had the scan I would just pbe pleased to be further ahead rather than guessing say 7 weeks and then being put back at the scan, always better to guess less and be told you are further ahead than to guess you are further gone and be put back

3+ is as high as those tests go, so that's why I was questioning it! I'm going to go with 6 weeks 2-3 days and see what the scan says. Thank you ladies!

I would agree with 6 weeks and guessing u ovulated at the end of augast so everything sounds perfect to me,congrats x

Agreeing with 6ish weeks!! Congratulations!! :) Fertility problems are the worst!

I'd count the day you got 4,000 to be around the 5w mark, based on my own numbers over the years! Congrats! X

It's hard to tell but I was in a very similar position to you. My midwife made a guess based on when my symptoms started and she was pretty spot on.

I also have irregular cycles and had IVF to conceive my son. I was also told when he was born that there was no way I'd ever conceive naturally. My last period was in May and I took a test on 1st September (it was normal for me to go 5/6 months with no period), so I literally had no clue as to how far along I was. My midwife asked me when my symptoms started to which I said 2 weeks previously. She said symptoms normally start around 6 week so estimated me to be around 8 weeks. I went for a scan 2 days later and was 8+3, so she was right on the money.

Is there any way you can book a private early pregnancy scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->