I don't know if I am expecting too much

Weeplin

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
This happens often but I'll explain today's incident.

Jason (my 2.5 y/o) is downstairs quite happily watching ITNG whilst I do chores when Aimee (7) comes down and starts playing with him. Playing with him to her means kissing and hugging him loads even when he is pushing her away (which is quite often), screeching, shouting, rolling around the floor etc which ends up making them both excited and Jason screeches as well and starts throwing toys everywhere. It's driving me mad! I tell her to stop and she just doesn't and then it takes ages to quieten Jason down again :-(

I couldn't stand the noise and I couldn't deal with the banging and toy throwing especially when I am trying to get housework done so I have put them in Jason's room to play to make the noise not the best solution but I am just so sick of this happening! I don't enforce her stopping it hard because I am just not sure whether I am being too harsh or not.

Are other kids like this? Is it acceptable or am I being a moody cow trying to stop them? Is it too much to expect nice quite play with toys indoors?

Mine are 2.5 and 6 and they constantly scream at each other, or torment each other.
Think it is just part of siblings.

Yeah I understand that part, but when they play is it always noisy screaming and rolling about the place. they aren't bickering, this is what my daughter does to play instead of puzzles and playing with toys together.

Yep screaming here too, some times I think that my youngest has Hirt her self by the screaming! But they are usually fine, I try and redirect them I to do ing something more constructive.

Yeah that's what I want to do, I've told her playing with toys is fine etc but no jumping, throwing around in the sitting room but any toy play is absolutely fine. Just drives me insane and I don't have the biggest living room and a new baby is going to be here in a week or so lol

My daughter does that, she's constantly kissing and hugging everyone.
We have been trying to get her to understand for a while now that not everyone wants or likes hugs and kisses, she will constantly try and cuddle reception children, teachers, other girls in her class who then repeatedly take the p155 out of her it, her step dad who really isnt the most touchy feely person and her brother who would rather have a lifetime of no sweets if she would just stop it.

Its getting to the point where I cant leave her alone with anyone because she's constantly trying to kiss them. Its actually really embarrassing to take her in to public or allow other children round the house.

This is reading exactly what i am going through , Ella is 3 and Carly is turning 6 in a few weeks. I am FOREVER telling them to be quiet , stop screaming , stomping , running , pushing , fighting , bickering etc etc. Its never ending. Them seperatly , they are fine, together? Hell breaks loose , they just seem like they are always on such a high!

They have there times when they can be quiet , and play. But most of the time its the latter , i dont know what to suggest , as i currently have to keep Telling Carly to go upstairs , so they can be seperated. They always have to sit on seperate sofas if they start acting up too.

Once it starts its so hard to stop ! I feel angry typing this :lol:

My daughter does that, she's constantly kissing and hugging everyone.
We have been trying to get her to understand for a while now that not everyone wants or likes hugs and kisses, she will constantly try and cuddle reception children, teachers, other girls in her class who then repeatedly take the p155 out of her it, her step dad who really isnt the most touchy feely person and her brother who would rather have a lifetime of no sweets if she would just stop it.

Its getting to the point where I cant leave her alone with anyone because she's constantly trying to kiss them. Its actually really embarrassing to take her in to public or allow other children round the house.

I give Aimee warnings now before we have guests because like you said not everyone wants kisses and cuddles.

It's not really other children with Aimee though, she is just really attention seeking off other adults.

I had Freya's (my bump) dad, granny and auntie over yesterday and Aimee was all over them hugging etc. They are great and treat my other two children no different and assure me it will always be like that but it's irritating me how Aimee is constantly trying to steal the show, I can only imagine it's going to get worse in a week or so when Freya actually arrives :nope:

I would put it down to a insecurity thing except she has always done it, it's just starting to get out of hand which I guess could mean she is feeling a little insecure with the new baby and family arrangements so I don't particular want to go down the punishment route which means to just keep telling her, positive reinforcement and patience. :shrug:

It's a hard one.

This is reading exactly what i am going through , Ella is 3 and Carly is turning 6 in a few weeks. I am FOREVER telling them to be quiet , stop screaming , stomping , running , pushing , fighting , bickering etc etc. Its never ending. Them seperatly , they are fine, together? Hell breaks loose , they just seem like they are always on such a high!

They have there times when they can be quiet , and play. But most of the time its the latter , i dont know what to suggest , as i currently have to keep Telling Carly to go upstairs , so they can be seperated. They always have to sit on seperate sofas if they start acting up too.

Once it starts its so hard to stop ! I feel angry typing this :lol:

Aww I get you, I am getting peeved writing all this an thinking about it all just because it is so stressful at the time. Everyone keeps telling me this is how it is and I believe them (I'm one out of three siblings myself) but I just don't see why it has to be always and like you said to actually have to separate the children is no good! I'm hoping it fades soon although I doubt it. I'm tackling it now by having a no rough play rule downstairs. It has to be kept for gardens/parks and the bedroom although generally something always happens in the bedroom where the little one ends up crying so I'll probably revoke that.

Gah! The stuff we have to go through! They say babies are hard, tbh I find all this much harder and it last longer lol!

My boys are 16 and 13 and dd is 5 they do this ALL the time still! It never stops its just how they are i guess lol.

Yeah, mine too...all three. Even Kelana gets in on it. It's hard because my oldest daughter has autism and she already has boundary issues...and we are trying to teach her about personal space...so I feel like I am always harping on her...but, they all do it...and screaching...oh yes...I am surprised my glass isn't all broken in the house...it is THAT loud and high pitched!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->