i dont know what to do any more :-(

mummy_em

2 boys 2 girls perfect
Reaction score
this is the firs time i have posted in this section but i really do not know what to do with my son any more he is so badly behaved does not listen to any thing laughs at me when i tell him off any punishment he gets he really does not care i got called in to the school this week to speak to his teacher and she is saying the same thing and he is hurting children at school but then on the other hand he can be so good some times and so nice and then bang it just changes he is constsntly on the go i just really do not know where to go from here i feel i have hit rock bottem at the moment and my younger children are starting to copy his behaviour sorry for the mini rant ladies but im sitting here crying and have no one to speak to about it just needed to get it off my chest oh i for got to say he was 6 on thursday :cry:

:hugs: aww hun I really don't have any advice other than
my son can be the same sometimes (with the not listening and then laughing)
sometimes I find myself getting very mad with him then afterwards I feel so bad :(
One thing that works with Dylan is sending him to his bedroom, where we're in the house and he's running around mad not listening he is sent straight to his room, he will cry, scream but I just get on with what i'm doing and don't listen to him (sounds so mean writing it down :cry:) but it works for us I really don't know if it will work with A 6 year old as Dylan is only just turned 4 a few months ago. :hugs:

I dont really have any solid answers but I know my little brother went through a phase like this and was so bad and nothing we did helped or stopped him.
He was also disruptive at school and started to pick on and hit other kids and just generally be naughty and stupid to the point he did work at a desk outside the headteachers room alone as he was so bad.

Turned out he was really frustrated, upset and angry as my step mum had told him my dad wasnt his real dad during one of their arguements as a passing comment (nothing new to any of us as my dad got with his mum when he was 1 or 2).

She thoguht nothing more of it as she didnt think he actually heard:dohh:

But it took another family member sitting down and asking about his behaviour at home and school. What if it was him being picked on or hit by a bad boy in the class etc etc...not in a horrible forceful way but in a general chatty one on one caring way and this is what transpired. If only she had said she made this passing comment:growlmad:

Anyways I am waffling...maybe something has happened and he just doesnt know how to react or express himself??
Might be worth a try to get someone who he respects and values to sit down and chat about whats going on and see if there is anything going on?

Hope you get to the bottom of this soon.

:hugs:

Emma.xx

At six he is still young enough for a reward ladder to work ... you could have one for each of the younger ones as well, with age appropriate goals :)

Sit down with the children and work out some 'family rules' ... no hitting, no answering back, being nice at school etc - When he completes a day without breaking the rules then he moves up the ladder - and when he gets to the top of the ladder he gets a pre-arranged treat (maybe a small toy that he wants, or a trip to the park to play football or a play date/sleepover - whatever rocks his boat - within reason LOL). If he really acts out on a given day then move him one rung back.

Start with a small amount of time before his target is reached ... say four days, so that he doesn't get discouraged, and then gradually increase the days to a week.

It's good old fashioned bribery coupled with 'carrot and stick' - and it's remarkably effective :)

You can actually buy the charts online ... specially designed to appeal to children:

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?img...n&safe=off&tbs=isch:1&ei=HUsoTNCMMNTGOJqOlKsC

My 6 year old goes through stages of being just like that!! Usually only when granny and grandad have given him too many sweets!! Theres nothing I can do but put him in his room and wait til he's calmed down.. and if he comes out, just put him back in agan.

Reward charts worked brilliantly for my daughter at that age, but nothing like that has ever worked for my boys, they just dont care if they enough about anything!! lol

thankyou to all of you its nice to know you are not alone some times even when you feel you are. i will try a chart we did have them before but slightly diffrent to what you are sugesting (sp) fingers crossed it may work xx

I've been going through the same thing for months. My son is 6 and a half and teachers speak to me every other day about him being naughty. He seems to do really well educationally, it's just his behaviour. I'm at a complete loss as to what to do as he wasn't like this before. In his old school teachers had only good things to say about him and even in this school he wasn't that bad last year.

One thing I though is that perhaps he is bored and needs more challenges, but then he gets distracted very easily. Also there seems to be a lot of bad behaviour in his class and I wonder whether he is copying or being bullied and taking it out on others. He's not too bad at home it only seems to be when he goes to school. I have no problems with the staff I'm just worried about other naughty pupils leading him on. :shrug:
We've been trying reward charts for a few weeks but they don't seem to be working particularly well either. I'm really really hoping it's just a phase and not something more serious and permanent :(
fed up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"