i dont know what to do.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
i posted in the bottle and breast feeding part but thought i would post here aswell.

joshua seems to be grumpy and grizzely most of tthe time and its getting me and hubby down slighty.

this is what i posted in other section

i dont know whether or not to put joshua onto the hungrier *sp?* baby formula.

he is so grumpy and grizzly through the day.

he seem tired but doesnt sleep for more than 15mins at a time.

he used to be really goos at night but this how he was last night

* 6.30 -bottle 6oz
* 7.00- bed
* 9.30 - woke and had 2oz of bottle
* 1.30 - woke up for a bottle had 5 oz
then woke up every hour or so.not really wanting anything.

the nights used to go
*6.30 - bottle 6-7oz
* 7.00 - bed
* 2.00ish - bottle 5ish oz
* 6.00ish - bottle
then usually ready to get up at 7ish

do i change to the hungry baby formula or not?

could i just use the hungry baby formula at night times

he isnt hungry after a feed but just though it might make him more satisfied.

i dont know what else to do.

me and OH are so tired but we dont even get chance to get an hours sleep through the day asjoshua doesnt sleep for more than 15mins.

why is he grumpy and grizzly for.

at the moment he is in his bouncy with his thist in his mouth.

he was crying for a bottle half an hour ago (wasnt due one until about now) he has only drank 3oz out of 6.

please help me.

Maybe he just wants to be fed less and more often? Unless he is gaining too much weight or hungry constantly (finishing 7oz bottles) then I wouldn't give him hungrier baby milk. However, you are his mum and you know what's best for him.

he used to have 6oz every 3 hours.

he still wanting a bottle every 3 or so hours.

it seems like all i do is feed feed feed.

what can i do to make him less grizzly/grumpy?

Try the hungry baby milk and see what happens. I tried it and it didn't work for us. It made things alot worse but every baby is different. Maybe he just needs something to make his belly feel fuller.

Could it be colic or something? If he's not finishing bottles and being grizzley? Have you tried a bit of colief?

Every 3 hours is quite good, I know some women who were feeding every hour or hour and a half. If he seems satisfied then I doubt he needs extra hungry milk.

i dont think it colic as he isnt crying just grizzly.

he seems satisfied after a bottle but then gets grizzly.

i think hes tired but doesnt give in.

why is he waking more through the night than usual.
what can i do to get him to sleep like he used to?

i wasnt gonna use the hungrier baby formula through the day,only at night.

The hungry baby milk difdnt work for us, actually the phase just passed and she is fine now on 5 bottles a day of normal formula. Could it be a growth spurt? I know Chloe dosent seem to have them at the 'right times!' I think I'vre got a rebel on my hands!

My boy is about the same age and he was also a bit off today. He seems to be getting wind into himself in between feeds, don't know how he does it! All nice then suddenly red and shouting, sit him up does a big burp. Whaaa?

And some good news: we were chatting about this at a wee baby group I go to and one of the mummies said that her LO was good(ish) at nights then at this age he started having a few off nights then guess what he suddenly started sleeping all night!!! I'm not holding out for mine to do it but you never know!

it sounds to me as if he is teething hun

will he take more at each feed? Alasdair is now consistently taking the whole bottle...I have no idea what I'm meant to do if he gets hungrier! He still has normal gold sma though.

teething? do you think?

hes been much better today.
i dont know if it was just his injections making him grumpy.

he doesnt /wont taake more milk at each feed he has only been taking 5oz every 3 hours or so

Ruby takes 6 oz's every 3 hours but a couple weks ago she was only taking 3 oz's sometimes every 3 hours and sometimes every hour. I put it down to teething, she seems more settled again now and has her appetite back too. Hope Joshua settles soon for u xx

how would i know if hes teething?

wht age do they start teething roughly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->