i dont know why this annoys me but it does :S

bethx

Carla bear :)
Reaction score
On facebook there is a girl who had her baby around the same time as me and shes roughly the same age as me and all she does is complain about her baby !
her status's are:
"i wish summer would just shut the f*uk up and stop winging im tired"
"Grrr shes getting on ma nervs she aint a new born she dont need feeding every 2 hours :mad:@@@"

Am i being stupid for get annoyed with her (i havent said anything to her). IMO i dont think you should say this stuff at your status's over facebook for everyone to see.
rant over.
x

nope I am with you - I know someone similar really gets on my nerves - I always put a sarky comment back like 'get off facebook and sort her out then!!!' its a wonder I havent been deleted really

Love the new pic of the boys Vicky!

Also I'd not be able to hold my tongue and I'd have to put a reply on those statuses summing up just how crap a mother she is for posting these things. I know we all get annoyed at things but saying things in that tone and on Facebook really does not give the impression of a decent caring mother. xx

ot vicky your boys are amazing :flow: Regards the facebook statuses i'd have to do as vicky said and put a sarky comment x

so many times ive wanted to tell how rude shes being. how could you say that about your baby girl and the babys only 3 and a half months! x

thanks girls xxxx

I couldnt bite my tongue bethx - xxx

Vicky - That is the cutest picture ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Id have to put a sarky reply too, what is she expecting people to say?!?!

if your not one of those people to speak your mind.. i'd probably ask a question like:

she not sleeping well at night?? or whats up with her??

"Grrr shes getting on ma nervs she aint a new born she dont need feeding every 2 hours

do you think its a growth spurt?? have you talked to your HV?? you tried hungry baby milk??

maybe she's finding it a bit too much and is secretly asking for help/advice if its all new to her??

It would irritate me too. I get really annoyed on FB statuses in general, like if someone posts every hour or something and says where they are, what they are doing or something like that, it really gets to me. But yeah, if a friend of mine posted statuses like that I'd be annoyed definitely. I hate FB sometimes! :flower:

if your not one of those people to speak your mind.. i'd probably ask a question like:

she not sleeping well at night?? or whats up with her??

"Grrr shes getting on ma nervs she aint a new born she dont need feeding every 2 hours

do you think its a growth spurt?? have you talked to your HV?? you tried hungry baby milk??

maybe she's finding it a bit too much and is secretly asking for help/advice if its all new to her??

Agree with this!

She might be finding it really tough...but was maybe brought up in a way which means she speaks quite rudely if you know what I mean lol. Maybe offer some advice and she can take it or leave it :)

I thought a lot like that when Alex was younger and I had PND. I never did post it on Facebook though (I think most Facebook status' are tackly lol). Sounds like she is overwhelmed tbh and possibly might have PND too.

you see this sort of thread a lot on BNB its always about facebook, why cant people keep their thoughts to themself lol its so flipping open, If shes having a hard time why doesnt she just PM someone, like the above poster said, status' are tacky

Arrrr FB is a wonder lol.

Just ask her if she is ok.

V xxx

you see this sort of thread a lot on BNB its always about facebook, why cant people keep their thoughts to themself lol its so flipping open, If shes having a hard time why doesnt she just PM someone, like the above poster said, status' are tacky

How many people in the first few months feel they can't talk to anyone or ask for help as they'll feel like a failure if they do?? nobody likes to admit to struggling with a newborn baby.. its supposed to come naturally and all these 'maternal' instincts kick in and then there's all the hormones..

I know FB status isn't ideal but for some reason in todays day of age FB is the way of communicating and people use their status to express their feelings.. for some reason people find it easier to post status like the OP has shown us instead of PM or asking a friend or family member what they should do or just for adivce

She might not actually have a lot of people to turn to for advice on babies.. and might not feel comfortable in asking the HV incase they are looked upon as not been a 'good' parent, etc etc..

talking about your own baby like that is a bit disturbing TBH. Especially over FACEBOOK for all the world to see.

I would comment! well if you didnt want her you shouldnt have had her! Stop being so negative and go an look after your baby- shes whinging for a reason SO GO FIND OUT WHAT IT IS!!

sorry :blush: thats just me..

OR... DELETE!! :comp:

Uncalled for. I would ask if she needs an extra hand too. Is she younger?

talking about your own baby like that is a bit disturbing TBH. Especially over FACEBOOK for all the world to see.

I would comment! well if you didnt want her you shouldnt have had her! Stop being so negative and go an look after your baby- shes whinging for a reason SO GO FIND OUT WHAT IT IS!!

sorry :blush: thats just me..

OR... DELETE!! :comp:

seriously?? you've never been that tired or your child's not stopped winging and winging, you've tried everything to find out what the problem is and nothing seems to work? never had colic which is very common for a 31/2 month old? and never thought 'shut up' .. would you think you would deserve to be told that if you didn't want your baby then your shouldn't have had her?

Ellie had colic for the first 10 weeks.. I didn't openly say ""i wish Ellie would just shut the f*uk up and stop winging im tired" or didn't think in those words as thats just not me.. but I remember wishing or hoping that she would stop crying at 10.30pm because I was so tired and knew that as soon as she had gone to sleep i'd have 3-4 hours max before she woke up..

Somedays now with her teething (like Saturday.. she was so grumpy) when I really don't know what to do with her or help her as i've tried everything and she's just shouting at me and crying it gets me a bit down.. but I do have a lot of patience - some people don't at all.. I know my OH wouldn't be able to cope with a crying winging Ellie all day.

Never had PND but would you say the same to those parents who had it??

sorry to go on but there's so many circumstances that could be the cause of the status that I think its a bit harsh what you'd reply

I would be annoyed bc she shouldnt be talking about her baby like that. and even if she is frustrated there is better ways to voice it! I think she might also have ppd, and might need some help. If she does, I would voice my concern that if she needs help, I can be there for her. or such. IF she is rude to me back, I probably would delete her. but that is just me. She could be having a really bad day. I have had quite a few with my daughter, but I dont really think talking like that helps.

I dont know, it could be bc I am having a hard time having another baby, it would tick me a lot more.

Unfortunately those of us who have suffered from PND will wish their baby would shut the F up and do say it to them sometimes, it's a really sad state of mind to be in. Sounds like she needs help. I wouldn't say it on Facebook because of course people would then know what a terrible mother I was!

That's why most girls with PND never get help, because they think everyone hates them and their baby should be taken away. Really, from the comments I read here, I can sort of justify why I was scared to tell anyone!!!

I dont think her kid should be taken away, nor do I judge her, I think it is pretty sad, that she is feeling that way. and I would if she was on my fb, I would suggest she go see someone, or that she call me, I have really bad depression, not ppd, but I kinda know how it feels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->