I don't like myself right now.

nicem815

Reaction score
Today has been a hard day for me. I was stuck in the apartment with my 18 month old and I just felt like the day was dragging. I was desperately tired and overwhelmed at the amount of crap that has to be cleaned and organized. Yes, I am stuck in the apartment because I don't have a car. It's cold out here and there aren't safe sidewalks in my neighborhood....lots of busy roads. So, basically my day consisted of feeling frustrated and depressed, then feeling like a horrible mother for feeling frustrated and depressed. I love my child, why was I having such a hard time today?! The entire day I just kept having to hold my breath so I didn't yell at her for climbing on the table....the table that I need my husband to fix the leg on so I CAN MOVE THE DAMN THING. There's so many things I've been asking him to do that I just need him TO DO. He has a huge box of unsafe pipes, metal, etc that he was using for a project and doesn't need anymore. I cNt even get into the closet to hang his clothes up because of it. I've been asking him for weeks to get rid of it. But he works 12-14 hour days. Which brings me back to my original point of being stuck inside all day. I am so fearful of feeling this way with two little ones. I am grateful to be home with them but I need to be out among other people sometimes or I go crazy and get depressed. I felt like hurting myself and screaming and punching the floor because I so do not like feeling this way. I hate feeling frustrated. I hate feeling like I need my child to take a nap so I can get a break. I'm just feeling really low today and I needed to put it into words because I honestly feel like I'm losing it over here.

I did have ppd very badly after #1 and I feel like I have depression again with this pregnancy. I feel like a horrible mother and wife.

I will now go force myself to be productive.

Feel your pain love. Im in the same boat as you. GP has referred to me to a psychiatric nurse due to daily panic attacks. I think that pregnancy hormones make any underlying issues or depression so much more intense.

If you feel lile this often I strongly suggest you see someone before it gets out of hand like mine has.

Sending lots of love and positivity your way. And please vent vent and don't stop

It's good that you are self aware of how you are feeling! When my daughter was a toddler and we only had the one car, sometimes I would go to Walmart at midnight just to get out of the house and see other humans! Is there a possibility you could get involved in a play date group and invite someone over- explaining that transportation is hard for you?

:hugs: This isn't easy. It gets better. Sometimes, you just have to tell yourself that you're doing all right and fake it till you make it.

Thank you ladies. I felt like crying and like I just needed to express how I felt. Such a horrible feeling. I wish I could be naturally happy without medication.

I so get how you're feeling although I have 3 kids. When they're asleep I miss them, but when they're awake I'm so stressed and anxious. I'm tired all the time and can hardly do anything.

It's a really really hard thing to deal with especially even you're pregnant. I hope you feel better soon! We're here to listen to you vent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->