I don't want to try anymore

prettybirdy27

Reaction score
Maybe this is normal, maybe this is weird. I just want to know what other people think.

For a year or so now, I've hardcore wanted a baby. I think about it, plan for it, talk about it, etc etc. DH and I started trying in Oct 2014, and for the first couple months I was really excited to try, dutifully did my temping, tracked cm, BDd every other day, etc etc.

For some reason, I don't want to do any of that anymore. I feel like I don't even want to try.

I've experienced days where I think "Oh my gosh, this is crazy, I don't think we can have a baby" etc etc, but it usually goes away in a day or so and I get super excited again. However, this time it isn't going away. It started when I got my last period, and I'm on CD 12 now and I still feel like I don't want to do this anymore.

I kept up temping just because it's convenient, but I'm not taking the diligence to do it right anymore, and I miss days (my chart is pretty messed up.) I checked cm once this month and I had to sit there and give myself a pep talk just to do it. I took two opks just to see, but the thought of sitting there in the bathroom waiting for 5 minutes just seemed absolutely dreadful, after I've done that twice a day during my fertile period for four months now, and after three cycles of sitting in the bathroom staring at hpt for three minutes and always getting negatives.

I've also felt a lot of guilt for the last month about trying, and enjoying the process, etc etc, because a close friend of mine came to me and told me that after trying unsuccessfully, she found out she's infertile. I feel like I shouldn't even try because I know she can't. I dropped my TTC journal after that. I know it wasn't her intention, but it certainly sucked all the joy and excitement out of me.

Is this normal? Has anyone else gone through a period like this? I put this in NTNP because I guess that's what we're doing now instead of actively TTC.

Have you thought of maybe taking a few months off, just to re-evaluate what you really want? Maybe if you had a couple months where you didn't have to do all of the TTC stuff that seems to be wearing you down, you could come back to it refreshed. It takes perfectly healthy couples around six months to conceive, and it's really stressful. As for your close friend who is infertile... I know it's really sad to think about having a baby when she can't, but you have to do what is right for you. If you don't have a baby because she is unable to, years down the road you may regret it. In fact, maybe you should talk to her about it. I'm sure she wouldn't want you to remain childless just because she can't have a baby naturally. My advice is to take a break, enjoy your time with OH, and see how you feel about it a couple months down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->