I dropped Caitlin coming down the stairs

:hug:i know exactly how you feel but these things do happen hunni i dropped my older boy when he was 4 months old on the concrete mind you i tripped and just lost grip its the most horrible feeling i know and it does make you feel sick and all you can think about is what could have happened but the only thing that matters is she's okay, wobbles your still a great mummy especially in your gorgeous little girls eyes:hug:

Thanks girls :hugs:

I am glad I posted now defo. Ive calmed down but still have a feel so bad feeling inside :( I'm sure I'll be ok once a couple of days have passed.

:hugs: Awe..... Im glady you are calmed down and feeling better and Im very glad to hear that Caitlin is ok :)

There is no way on earth you're a bad mother, so get that out of your head Missy, you know this was an accident and it happens to the best of them sweetie. Little Caitlin is doing well, and probably has no memory of what happened even, so don't let it put doubts into your head about anything.

:hug: Big hugs to you and Caitlin

Its awful isnt it when it happens but happens to almost everyone! My mum had one of those beds which are extremly high , left Carly on it when she was 5 months , turned around n u guessed it rolled straight off! I was hysertical ran straight to the docs and he checked her over and said , u do relise this happens all the time and told me to calm down.

Just told me to look out for the things that have already been mentioned n thats it! Its a shock n u will probably have many more to come !! Joys of parenting eh!! :hugs:

I wasnt going to post either as I was feeling so bad and a particually bad mother but I just wanted you to know you wasnt the only one which it had happenend to recently.

I still feel bad about it... But for me let it be a lesson learnt. I know your situation was a tad different but its so easy to trip on the stairs. Im such a clumbsy orris I trip up them.

I think more than anything it was a shock for Olivia... which was possibly the same for caitlin, and then because you are so shocked to you become beside yourself.

I can imagine that you afelt like I did at the time and possibly feeling like I am today. Such a huge shock to the systems I was in panic stations & felt like a failure to Olivia.

I guess they are much stronger really than we give credit for.
But all in all. so pleased every one is alright. Chin up chick. These things just cant be helped

Xx

Oh sweetie :hugs:
these things do happen and no matter what we all say you will still beat yourself for it, but really there is no need :hugs:

As Kx says the first accident is always the worst

oh hun dont feel bad.. C dropped rhys when he was 6 weeks old. he was stood up putting him in our maitei carrier and rhys fell out the bottom. other than a small bump on his head rhys was fine.

our doctor said that when babies are young their bodies can deal with a lot of stuff because their bones are soft.

:hugs:
as you can see your not alone. babies are made to bounce (not that knowing this helps a lot when it happens)
:hugs:

I'm sure she will be alright, they are more resilient than we think they are :hi:

don't know if sb mentioned already, but you should watch out for things like:

changing in behaviour, e.g. crying when you put her down as this might indicate a headache and vomiting!

Aww bless u! I know exactly how u feel...a couple of weeks agoi did something very stupid, i was playing with Oliver on the sofa and my mobile rang at the side of me and without even thinking i looked in the oppasite direction for not even a second and he rolled off.. i cried for hours- Oliver was fine until shock came upon me and i shouted 'Oh my god!' Then he cried, i scared him more than anything! But i felt so so guilty and sick to the stomach i was sooo angry with myself for being so irresponsible..mine could have been prevented. I'm glad Caitlin is ok hun. Try not to feel too bad, she will forgive and forget much quicker than u will.Caitlin still adores u, your her mummy and in no way a bad one! Hugs xx

Hey, Tasha told me this had happened... don't worry - my mother did it to all 3 of my sisters and they all turned out... well, not too bad for having me as a brother. Sending my best wishing hugs your way, anyway...

I live in a constant fear of dropping Anna but please don't tell Tasha... she'll never let me hold her!

:hug: Oh bless u wobs, glad ur feelin better now.
We all do have these days ive lost count of how many injurys Kais had, and ill have more to come im sure.
Your a great Mummy!
xx:hugs:

This reminded me when my Joshua fell off my bed whilst i was getting changed 1 day, he was only about 6months and just starting to sit up. Anyway he rolled off the bed and smacked his head on the skirting bored! OH picked him up and Joshua's eyes were rolling and then sudden projectile sick!! I had never been so scared in my life!! we raced to A&E and he was seen straight away, they xrayed his skull and all was fine. The nurse came over to me and said all he'll have is a headache and to give him calpol! She told me that kids are very hard 2 break and shes had kids in who have fallen from 2nd floor building and she said, they just bounce!!
That has stuck with me and the nurse has proably seen it so often!!
i'm sure lil caitlin will be ok!! I kow how scary it is tho!! x

Thanks girls :hugs: Half of me wishes it was a bed - well neither in reality but the bed fall seems more common. Our stairs are steep and mahogany wooden so I think had she gone bang bang bang bang hitting the stairs before the floor it may have ended up worse (hope that sounds right).. I've slipped pregnant - we have both slipped I said one day that will happen and how unreal for it to happen 2 weeks before we move. I was so angry with myself in the end! I was ina FOUL mood before we were heading to bed that I snapped & slept on the couch but I was scared to be upstairs incase her monitor alarmed I just had the awful thought but it doesn't always go wrong straight away ...didnt tell him this but he'll know now if he read it.

Over now thank goodness & feel lots better - roll on the move.

howz Caitlin :hug:
Thanks Mickey for asking :hugs: She has little bruises & I feel so guilty but I think Mummy was definately more upset than Caitlin :blush:

About 45 minutes away in a car ... near (not in) Rhyl!

House is great with gardens front & back most of all its family home good for Caitlin we were really thick taking on this house but neither of us have had kids before!

:hugs: Wobbs glad you and her are both doing better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->