I feel absolutely HORRIBLE

Chrissy1437

Reaction score
I am 9w 4d today and I feel like absolute Hell. I haven't been sick but once...Although gagging and feeling queasy is a common issue. My main problem right now is I'm having a VERY difficult time eating. I either can't find anything that sounds good..or I gag on the food when it's in my mouth and have to stop eating..or it just makes me feel downright awful. I feel terribly run down and wondering if part of it could be that I'm not getting enough food for the energy I need. Seriously, 16 year old anorexic cheerleaders eat more than I've been eating.

I work third shift so that could play a part too. But last night I had to leave work halfway through the shift because I felt so badly and my work has been suffering for a few weeks because I just don't feel like doing anything or have the energy to care. Yesterday/today I am feeling much worse. I just don't feel "right"...whatever that is anymore. It seems to be worse when I stand or walk or actually have to do something. It makes me feel sick or heart burnish but not in a pukey way just extremely wrong and uncomfortable. I don't know what to do..I never had any of these problems when I was pregnant with my son :( anybody else having this problem???

I was like that in the beginning after I found out. I was mostly eating cereal and toast. Couldn't even drink water without gagging. Than fully it past and I'm better with what I eat now. I still have a few days where things don't sit right but they are few and far between.

I was like this with DD. I didn't eat for the whole of the first trimester and into the second. Nothing appealed, all the food I used to eat just looked and smelt horrible and I couldn't touch it. I lived on dry crackers, toast and ginger biscuits. DH suggested I get ginger biscuits this time but I couldn't face them as they bring back horrible memories of how sick I was with her last time. I never want to see another ginger biscuit as long as I live. Im a lot earlier than you so my symptoms haven't kicked in properly yet and the MS is coming and going but im dreading it settling in for the next 10 weeks. Everything tastes and smells a bit funny at the moment but I haven't gone off anything yet like I did with DD. The only plus side to the MS with DD was I lost half a stone and weighed less at 12 weeks than I did before I was pregnant so the up side was I only put on 2.5 stone over the whole pregnancy starting from half a stone less than I was when I got pregnant. I was worried I lost weight but was told we have enough reserves to get through that if it happens.

I found out I was pregnant with my first baby a couple of days ago, but before I knew I was constantly feeling sick and could hardly eat, since I have found out it makes sense why I'm feeling constantly sick, but I can hardly eat anything, I'm not hungry, can't find anything I fancy... The only things I can eat are ice lollies, but they aren't very nutritional, it's so bad I can't even food shop because I don't know what to buy for my boyfriend because I have gone off food so badly... I am trying to at least drink fluids but that isn't much better.... So worried I'm harming bub (we have nicknamed baby) totally freaking out

Dawn x

I found out I was pregnant with my first baby a couple of days ago, but before I knew I was constantly feeling sick and could hardly eat, since I have found out it makes sense why I'm feeling constantly sick, but I can hardly eat anything, I'm not hungry, can't find anything I fancy... The only things I can eat are ice lollies, but they aren't very nutritional, it's so bad I can't even food shop because I don't know what to buy for my boyfriend because I have gone off food so badly... I am trying to at least drink fluids but that isn't much better.... So worried I'm harming bub (we have nicknamed baby) totally freaking out

Dawn x

No don't worry honestly. As per my pp I was the same and I have a very healthy and lovely 2 yr old now!

Starting in week 7 until now... I hardly ever throw up I just gag a lot and feel like complete crap. I teach junior high and on my off period I go to my car to take a nap. The only thing that helps is eating a little bit all day long. I never really feel like I can eat a full meal ever. Also I found that if you go to mcdonalds and ask for fries with no salt they make a brand new fresh batch and those are really good to me.... Bad I know.. But I hardly eat anything all day.

Oh boy yes.
Some days, esp between 7-9 weeks, I felt like I was dying.
It's horrible. I could only keep a few things down and that's what I ate.

I think the most important thing I did was when I needed a break, I asked.

I asked for a few days off at work. I asked my husband to care for our son because all I did after I came home from work was sleep. I asked my friends with kids for playdates where I could drop him off at their place. I was sleeping 13 hours through the night. That actually helped some. Or if I was awake, I would just recline on the couch.

It's not easy, but it will start to get better soon. Just remember that. That's what kept me going. I knocked off each day on my calendar, knowing I'd be on the mend by the 10th or 11th week (based on my previous pregnancy). I'm a little over 10 weeks now and although still feel shitty, it's a LOT better. Hang in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->