I feel like a cow

paintrider89

Reaction score
I'm pumping 2x a day for relief and to have milk to take with me on outings so I do t have to stop in the middle of things to find a discrete place to feed. Tonight I pumped and ended up with 5oz, just about a half an hour after feeding LO. I can say I am mighty proud of myself :winkwink:

However I feel like a cow. My body must think I'm feeding a calf and not a baby :baby:

I had the same problem with DD. She was born 3 weeks early and would only feed off one side at a time until she was 1 week old. Even after that, my supply was WAY too much so I was pumping almost every feeding just to relieve the pressure (and prevent major leakage despite super absorbent nursing pads). It settled down once she hit 3 weeks, started nursing both side almost equally, and my supply regulated a little bit more. But boy was it nice to build my freezer stash by 6 oz a time for a few weeks there. (And funnily enough I milk cows for a living-hence my screen name-and your comment about feeling like a cow made me giggle. Some of those cows come in for milking and I just have to wince because I know exactly how it feels to have big, saggy, over-flowing boobies. :haha:)

I joke around calling myself the dairy queen and that I probably sound like this to my baby moo moo mooo mooh cause every time I get around her even if she has just fed she is rooting and smacking her lips.

Glad I'm not the only one. My LO roots around and sounds like a pig. So between the two of us my house is turning into a farm :)

My pumping seems to be sparatic. This morning I got 2oz, then this afternoon I got 4. I am very happy I will have a stash of frozen milk for when we need someone else to watch her.

Just to pick up on a different point of what you said, I never bothered finding somewhere 'discreet', just fed her where I wanted to and I NEVER ran into problems. Also if you're in the UK it's illegal to stop you feeding the baby wherever you want :) But yeah basically, people in my experience, are perfectly fine about it. And imo, those who aren't, if you find any, are idiots and morons and can be safely ignored. Or pepper sprayed :p

I'm in the US, and when she gets a bit older I don't think I will bother, but now she still moves and fussed a little when we are first latching, and I have pretty large breasts, trying not to flash to many people.

Lol, your post made me laugh! I'm from the US as well and I can relate to you wanting expressed milk while out and about. I'm from a rural, midwestern town and breastfeeding in public is far from the norm. I am not comfortable breast feeding in public, so I always have expressed milk with me. Or I nurse in the car. In the back seat. Beside the carseat. With a blanket. Haha, but that's just my own self-consciousness. I wish I lived in an area where it is more common, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->