I feel like I am cheating at NTNP

NotNic

Mummy to 2 boys xx
Reaction score
Today I took my first opk. Though I very much want to know more about my cycles, especially as they seem to be a bit shorter than before, part of me doesn't want to admit that this means I am really trying. :shrug: It feels a bit funny. I definitely want a BFP this month or next month, but I feel a bit odd about 'forcing a BFP' iykwim? Anyone else feel this way?

Awe, try not to feel bad about using OPK's. :hugs: It doesn't mean you are cheating on NTNP as it's whatever you define it as. I don't think you are cheating, I think you are just taking charge of your body and your cycle. There is nothing wrong with that! :hugs:

I use them cos i wanted to know i was actually oving after coming off the pill, and glad i did cos i just got my first positive opk since coming off poll in May, also it means i know when it's more likely to happen but i don't tell OH as it would make him feel like he has to perform and i don't want that :) :hugs:

Notnic - I am also cheating at NTNP by temperature charting and definitely BDing more during the time that I think I'm fertile. I really want to be pregnant soon so I guess that makes me more TTC really. But I like the NTNP board and I think it keeps me a bit more relaxed!

Notnic - I am also cheating at NTNP by temperature charting and definitely BDing more during the time that I think I'm fertile. I really want to be pregnant soon so I guess that makes me more TTC really. But I like the NTNP board and I think it keeps me a bit more relaxed!

Same for me. I'm not using anything other than a calendar but I am definitely focussing on when I'm most likely to be fertile, and hubby and I definitely 'Trying' for a baby. Although, we like to think of it as 'baby-making' rather than scientifically 'Trying to conceive' lol :blush:

Yeah, I temp and use OPK's. But I don't think I'm ovulating, so I'm glad that I'm doing these things. If I wasn't then I wouldn't have even realized I wasn't ovulating, and could have gone on forever like this with nothing happening. I consider it more of "I'm trying, and he's not preventing", iykwim.

LOL at this..." I consider it more of "I'm trying, and he's not preventing"!!!

I am in the same boat ladies! Thought it would be great and pressure free to NTNP.. now I am getting impatient!! I have also been trying to 'time' things but not tempting/charting..... yet! I am on the fence. I know if I tell hubbs.. I am Ovulating.. .let's :sex: he will get gun shy! LOL!!!

Good luck to you all.. :dust::dust:

Too funny... b/c DH and I had this very convo this morning.

I was trying to explain to him what the difference between NTNP and TTC are considering that the end goal is to be preggers.

Convo went like this:

Me: If we're TTC I'd track my fertile days using temps etc.
Him: But don't you track your fertile days anyway?
Me: Yes.
Him: Silence/confused look.... So basically you want to pretend its unplanned and pretend to be surprised like you don't know how this happened?
Me: Basically.

Too funny... b/c DH and I had this very convo this morning.

I was trying to explain to him what the difference between NTNP and TTC are considering that the end goal is to be preggers.

Convo went like this:

Me: If we're TTC I'd track my fertile days using temps etc.
Him: But don't you track your fertile days anyway?
Me: Yes.
Him: Silence/confused look.... So basically you want to pretend its unplanned and pretend to be surprised like you don't know how this happened?

:rofl: This is totally me & DH.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I know I'm right to check, so I'll just have to get over myself!

GirlBlue, this is exactly my own internal argument. With using OPK's I can't really pretend to myself that it is unplanned if something else is telling me to DTD, though I guess I could try to if the opks are "in the interest of research..." :blush: I definitely won't be calling myself TTC. I like it here, and like aimee-lou, I think baby-making is the right term for this. Thanks everyone! Nx

I'm glad I'm not the only one! DH and I decided to NTNP because I thought it would be so much less stressful. Yeah right! I now spend my days wondering if my body is working the way it's supposed to.

DH and I talked last night b/c I went to buy Preseed. He said he thought we weren't trying and we'd just see what happens, and that was cheating. I then explained that not only would I like to use the Preseed, but I'd also like to get an OPK to make sure my body is working. He said no, that that's way too much work and we'll just let nature take it's course. He doesn't understand how it's stressful to not know what my body is doing. Ugh!

I've been saying we're TTC, DH says NTNP. So I guess 26 days or so out of every cycle we're NTNP...that's okay right? :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->