I feel like I can't wait any longer

Chickadee3

Reaction score
I need to wait until I graduate from uni and get established into my career, but that won't be for >1year.
I keep entertaining the thought of ttc now, and going through this pregnancy while i am still in school. I think that would be a great idea in some ways but I cannot imagine sitting through class while nauseous,etc.
I have a year and a half old son now and I hate the thoughts of them being too far apart in age. I am okay once I start into the next pack of bcp's but towards the end of each pack I think maybe, just maybe that it should be my last.

HELP. I am feeling way too broody

If you have doubts hun, then I think that's clear sign that it's not the right time. You really don't want to be sat in exams and doing uni work when feeling nauseous, and further on in the pregnancy, uncomfortable because of the extra weight of a growing baby.

Although, you could have a symptom free pregnancy lol. We can't give you a yes or no answer so you really need to sit down with your partner and discuss it x

I know what you mean. I finish uni this September but we are still going to wait til next September coz I need to establish my career and make sure I get maternity pay. Not to mention we need to sort out the house!! I know that all this makes sense but there is still this part of me that thinks just screw it and we will figure it out.

I agree, this is only something that you and your partner can decide. Only you know if you can handle uni along side a pregnancy and newborn.

Good luck and I hope you figure it out!

Yeah, the part of me that wants to say screw it, we'll figure it out has been taking over the past few weeks. But I have my worries..

Its like a battle of heart vs head.

I have discussed it with my partner, and he would like to ttc asap because he doesn't want too much of an age gap between our son and the next one.

hey chickadee, seeing as you posted on my one i thought i better have a look at yours!! i can totally sympathise on this. i felt so broody in my second year at uni that i just wanted to leave and get up the duff! Are you in your final year? because finals can get pretty stressful with all the revision and exams etc.. normally i'd say wait if you didn't already have a baby as you wouldn't know what you're letting yourself in for. But in your case you already have one so you know whats involved. It sounds like both you and your partner really want one and the age gap consideration is there too. Could your partner take over the bulk of the child care whilst you are in your exam period? or do you have any family members that could support you? if it really will be a case of you balancing a toddler, new born and finals then i think you'll be taking on a huge amount and may not get out what you originally hoped for from your course. That said all mums are experts at multitasking and i'm sure you'd cope if you had to. its just a case of whether you want to take on extra demands on your time right now...?

If we wait a couple more months, then I won't have a newborn until after I graduate.

I think it may be good to plan a baby between graduating and starting a career. Because no one likes to hire pregnant women, and most places don't give maternity pay til you've worked there a year. Plus it will give me more time to have off with the baby.

My only concern with that is... what if I have a horrible pregnancy and miss too much school.

I either have to do it, or wait another 2-3years before we ttc. & that would make my children 5-6years apart. I don't really want them that far apart. Ugh.. decisions, decisions. I tried to get my partner to make a decision for us, and he says its up to me. Yeah.. I know. Just hate making decisions. Sometimes wish we would just have an oopsie

I think it may be good to plan a baby between graduating and starting a career. Because no one likes to hire pregnant women, and most places don't give maternity pay til you've worked there a year. Plus it will give me more time to have off with the baby.

My only concern with that is... what if I have a horrible pregnancy and miss too much school.

That doesn't sound so bad :) Will your partner take care of bills etc./take care of you if you u have to take a little while off after Uni?
IMHO it wouldn't be so bad to plan to be in second tri when you are graduating... then you should have the nausea behind you for exams.... and save the wobbling around with a big belly for after youre done Uni.. and of course enjoying your baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->