I feel like I must be doing something wrong :(

Alexas Mommy

Reaction score
i weighed Alexa last night, and she weighs 29 pounds :( I thought she was thinning out but I guess I was wrong. She weighed 26 pounds just over three weeks ago, so that's 3 pounds she has gained :( I feel like I must be doing something wrong :cry: I don't feed her junk or anything, just her normal meals, plus it seemed like she was bfing a lot less. i am making a doctor's appointment to see what he says about her weight, and hopefully he can help me with a feeding plan. a question, where Alexa is 29 pounds, how much solids should I feed her? I usually give her a small jar of baby food, and about 1/4 cup of cereal. should i be feeding her more? *(so she will be taking in less breast milk) thanks!

Muscle weighs more than fat hun, and they need muscle! My brother was 22lbs at 5 months and now he is sooooo skinny!

:hugs: You have done nothing wrong hun...all babys are different...weight/size/appetite...but for your own peace of mind there would be no harm in seeing a GP xxx

Dont worry hun it will all even out when she gets more mobile, crawling walking etc x

I'd go ahead and go see a GP simply to rule out any medical causes. I'm not by any means saying there is anything wrong with Alexa, but I think it will help set your mind at ease if you go in. :hug: You're not a bad mother

Thats is one big baby (and not in a bad way hun ) I was the same weight at her age but once i started to get mobile my mom said i evened out perfect ..shes just a healthy baby girl !

she does seem to be putting on weight BUT I completely agree with Paula - she'll lose it when she starts moving more and I also agree with Toria, it'll be muscle. She's still just a baby, try not to worry :hugs:

I have an appointment for her on wednesday at 2:15 so we will see what he says... I weighed her again last night, this time when she was on the scale alone (the time before that i held her, and subtracted the weight it said I was) this time it said she was 26 pounds again! so i don't know which is accurate, but step-mil said she could be 26 pounds, just when I weighed her holding her, the weight could have shifted and it read heavier...

The weight will also change depending on when in the day you measure. I wouldn't worry about the difference in weight. And I'm sure that in these 3 weeks she'll have grown too, so even if she did put on weight ... it's only normal.

Still, I wish you luck on your appointment on Wednesday and hope you'll get some advice that will put your mind at rest =)

I would definitly take her in to get checked. Most 2 or 3 year olds weigh that. She is damn cute though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->