I feel like its the end of the world....

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
So went off on my trip to the family planning clinic....and i was basically told that my periods were unlikely to come back and i would probably never get pregnant if i didnt lose some weight. :cry:

Ive been to my GP many times to ask for help and just get fobbed off all the time, but ive booked another app with a different doc for friday morning.

Everything ive wanted to do in my life has been a struggle and a battle :hissy: I just want a break, is that too much to ask?

Somebody once mentioned some prescription weight loss tablets on here, does anyone know what they were?

i'm sure you'll get :bfp: they blame weight or smoking on everything, i'm very very overweight myself and do worry that it will prevent me getting :bfp:. good luck 2 us both!! xx:hug:

I'm sorry you have had such a bad appt. They always talk about weight and I was very overweight when I got pregnant (still am!) so it def can happen. There are several tablets available but GP's are generally not very keen to hand them out and often will ask you to loose some weight first to show you are able to do it. Seems a bit ridiculous when you are going there to ask for help, but I am sure they have their reasons for doing it. One of the tablets I am aware of is Zenical which reduces the amount of fat intake from foods, but it is easy to cheat on it and another which (I think) increases metabolism but can also increase blood pressure. This information maybe wrong but may help!! Good luck. :)
xx

when did your periods stop? are they saying they've stopped because of your weight and unlikely 2 start again unless you lose some?

xx

I've had a weight problem as it runs in the family but my mom does jazzersize with a few women and they are all on the Alie or Alli weight loss and they love it one of my moms friend has lost 50lbs!! But if your trying to get a baby your best bet is to see a nutritionist to help you get on a healthy way of eating and exersising! Hope it works out, my dad does herbal medicine for people if you PM I can send you some natural stuff to help with the weightloss! best of luck!

I am sorry you got bad wording on at your appt. I think that Drs are using so many negative explanations now a days when in all honestly Drs are not always correct on everything. I think if you take weight loss pills you should be careful. Do not loose weight in a dangerous manner even though I know you want results fast. Ask your new dr about natural herbal supplements to try why you are also trying to loose weight. That way you can reach your goal faster. I wish you lots of luck and hope your next appt is more insightful and positive.

when did your periods stop? are they saying they've stopped because of your weight and unlikely 2 start again unless you lose some?

xx

Sorry - shouldve explained better. My periods stopped while i was on the depo, but that ran out 8 months a go, and no sign of periods x

oh hun! I'm sorry your appointment was so hard. I've known women to get pregnant WITHOUT a period!! and I've seen some heavier ladies also get pregnant. Your health and happiness is paramount so take care of yourself and know that if you don't get the help you want, you can always go to someone else who'll not only listen to your concerns but who will act upon them as well.
Wishing you happiness and luck Lovey!! *hugz*

:dust::dust::dust::dust:With a bit of luck your GP will be more helpful at the end of the week :hug: x x x

didnt want to read and run xx

hope all works out for you youre in my thoughts!! :hugs:

It's annoying isn't when they want to hang a label on you just because it's easier for them? I just want to echo what another poster said, I've known people to get pregnant not having periods. Big hugs to you :hugs:

It's annoying isn't when they want to hang a label on you just because it's easier for them? I just want to echo what another poster said, I've known people to get pregnant not having periods. Big hugs to you :hugs:

Yep, me! I got pregnant 12mths after stopping the pill with no periods in that time. I'm overweight too, just under 13st and 5'4" and I have had three healthy little boys in the last 4.5yrs. When we were trying for #1 I was sent by the reproductive medicine doctor to see a nutritionist to lose weight - what a joke, she was more than twice my size and I'm not exaggerating! It really didn't inspire me much lol!

Good luck & please don't give up hope :hugs:

Gemma x

:hugs::hugs: darling they will blame your weight on everything, when I got pregnant with my son, I had no periods and was still ovulating, so dont give up hope yet xx :hugs: also I missed a period this may and still got preg in june, but sadly had a mmc x

Most of those pills are loaded with caffeine, so they aren't very healthy when TTC. And they haven't done enough research on Ginko and other herbs to see if they are safe either.
I know it's hard (just think of the littlke bean in your futre as a carrott) but lots of excercise and LOTS of Veggies!
GL and FX!

Thanks everyone, its really nice to know people care...my hubby hasnt even asked how my app went yet :hissy:

Thanks everyone, its really nice to know people care...my hubby hasnt even asked how my app went yet :hissy:

Hes more bothered about his bloody chicken cuppa soup. :cry: and im sat here hardly talking, so pissed off.

was just thinking...do u get pos opk? peak on monitor? if u do then without af doesnt sound like it cud be a problem hun,but taking weight loss tablets WILL affect ur fertility !! good luck hun x

no honey, didnt get no peak or any pos opk

i just need to lose some weight to kick start my af's

i'm so cross when i hear doctors saying you will never get pregnant unless you loose weight! yes you may find it harder but they cant possibly say you dont have a chance cause you do!!

i am extremely obese and although i have irregular periods (ranging from 30-45 days) i still have periods and positive opks so its only a matter of time and there was a 40stones woman who had triplets by natural conception and if she can do it you certainly can!!!

dont just go with their opinion hun get another until their willing to help you!!

You english... You use pounds for currency and stones for weight! You guys are funny :) (please note lame attempt at humour, not trying to bash you guys!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->