I feel like such a hypocrite x.x

KalonKiki

Liam and Thea's Mommy <3
Reaction score
Before I had DS (hell, before I even got pregnant with DS) I used to think that women that got super broody a few months after having a baby were nuts.

Well, now I'm one of said nuts mommies that has already been bitten by the broody bug when my DS is only 4 months old. :haha: :dohh:

Did anyone else feel this way before and after they had their first baby? Did you know that you would be broody straight away? Did/do you understand and sympathize with moms that get broody straight away? Do you (still) think that moms that get broody straight away are crazy?

It's kind of funny how much your views can change after you've actually had a child. I've been thinking a lot about this lately seeing as at first I was completely content with waiting for a while before having my next and now all of a sudden I'm feeling more and more broody with each passing day and I'm slowly starting to feel as impatient as I did while WTT with DS.

I was the same and I was single mum until DS was nearly 3 which is probably a good thing so I couldn't try for another one really early lol. The broodiness went away for me once he was walking and getting into everything as it was much harder after that lol.
I actually don't think I was 'broody' I just wanted all those early moments with him again. If I could have hit a rewind button I would have.

I was actually the opposite! I always thought I would be sooo broody, even after having a baby. I thought I would want to have my children all very close together. And I was really sooo broody before I fell pregnant with my LO, but since giving birth I barely feel broody. And when I do it's very brief, and usually ends when I remember how awful I felt last time around and how hard the newborn stage was (and to an extent how hard it still is... my LO is very clingy and wants to be held/carried constantly otherwise he just screams :/ ). And I think how hard it would be to have another one right now and I'm just like, no. Not on your life. Lol.

So I think it's a very personal thing and it depends greatly on your lersonal experiences to do with ttc, pregnancy, birth, parenthood etc. My mum was pregnant with baby #2 just 6 weeks after giving birth to #1!

I don't think people who get brooddy straight away afe crazy at all. I was probably crazier for thinking I WOULD be! Some people do and some people don't. I think you're perfectly normal either way!

I know the feeling, after both mine were only a couples months old I got really broody, and it drove me nuts, because I did feel like I was completely insane! My logical brain knew that I couldn't handle another, and it was fiscally and physically (on my poor beat up body) to have another right away, but those hormones just drive you bonkers. Luckily for me it has passed, for now at least. Not looking forward to when it creeps back up again

I'm hoping that the broodiness will die down a bit when DS gets a bit older. I was blessed with an incredibly easy baby, so that's probably why I'm so crazy broody already.

Maybe he'll get harder to handle when he's crawling around and then I'll actually want to wait for as long as we need to. :haha:

i was incredibly broody until LO was about 6 months! then it just didnt effect me anymores lol. were suppose to be TTC now (NTNP since Aug 2012) but its really not bothering me lol!
when would you like another baby then?

So far we're leaning towards starting to TTC in May or June of next year, but depending on how we feel when that time gets here we may put it off for another year.

I think I was broody again when Thomas was around 8 weeks. All those hormones whizzing round, watching my newborn grow so fast etc I just wanted to do it all again. I've gone through periods of broodiness since but I'm fine right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->