I feel so fed up

divadexie

Reaction score
It's not the guilt anymore, I got over that horrible feeling a long time ago, I know its not my fault she arrived early.

But I just feel fed up that she is behind! I am bad at wording this. But I just feel fed up that she is so baby like when she was one last month.

She can't sit up yet or crawl and she doesn't try and copy any words. She can copy rasberries and the face scrunch up face, and things like babababa and dadadadda and she can wave sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I love her to pieces but im drained! I know it isn't going to get easier once she becomes mobile, but if she could at least sit up she would be able to amuse herself more! Sure she can roll all over the place but then she gets stuck and cries. I have to put her in the high chair so I can get on with simple things like put a wash on or take things into the kitchen and even then she cries.
She whinges all the time because she wants to be somewhere she isnt, I think she hates being in the same place.

She is still only nearly 13lb. She eats well, we add butter, milk etc but still she only put on 11oz in 4 weeks!

Sorry for the whinge I am just feeling fed up. :(

Chin up hun, she will get there. Millie has made us wait for everything and in some cases we have waited, wand waited, and waited, and waited.......she is 21m and we have not had so much as a mama or a dada!
When she reaches these milestones it will be all the more joyous, but I totally understand your frustration x

Can you put her in a carrier thing so you can get stuff done around the house? I got a moby wrap carrier that I love. Whenever my little man is fussy or restless I just strap him around me and go about my day. He usually falls asleep in it and I'm able to get my stuff done with him quiet and content.

ugh... I can see how that is really frustrating :nope: are you doing any physiotherapy with her? We do so bimonthly with our little guy, and we get exercises to practice 3-4 times a day and even though it`s really time consuming it does seem to help. And yes once they can sit on their own they`re soooo much happier! Can you prop her up with one of those u shaped breastfeeding pillows? Or one of those gombo chairs? Is she content in a carrier?

Sorry to hear things have been hard :hugs: our little ones`milestones are soooo rewarding!

:hugs:

I can understand your frustration. We have went through so much at the beginning but even when you bring them home it doesn't end there. Holly went through the frustration stage before she learnt to crawl and it is hard work. It was only when she could crawl she could put herself into a sitting position.

We went to the dietician last week as Holly is only 14lb 12oz and is now 16 months. She is starting infratini this week so hoping it will help. They also took blood and urine to make sure there isn't a medical reason for it.

Hopefully it won't be long until Anna is crawling.

xx

:hugs: I am feeling your pain too hun

We are back at the dietician this month.

Carrier just wouldn't work I get a sore back without carrying her! Lol She is quite happy to sit and munch organix crisps but obviously I cant just leave her eating while I am out the room, she still chokes/gags sometimes...

Whats the infratini?

Big hugs hun, it can definitely get overwhelming xx

Infatrini is a high kcal milk for babies struggling to put on weight. It has 100kcal per 100ml whereas normal formula has between 65-70. Once she hits 8kilos she is going on another one that is 150kcal.

We will be using infatrini in her food as well replacing cows milk.

thank you I am going to speak to my doctor about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->