I feel so lucky

divadexie

Reaction score
When you've got a tiny early baby who is in hospital for weeks and your financial struggle is really bad, traveling back and forth and the rest of your life is on hold, you can't help thinking its the worst thing ever.

Now it is coming up for Anna banana's 1st birthday but this thread isn't about her.

Someone I met when she was in hospital, who's baby was about 4 weeks old when Anna was born. They had been told, before they came to the ERI, that they had a few hours and their baby could have died, part of her intestines had died and she needed an operation to save her life.

Before we left ERI when Anna was 10 weeks, their baby was moved to the sick kids hospital and we sort of lost contact though I had her on my bebo friends list neither of us really used that anymore but I eventually got hold of her on FB.

They have had their wee girl home a couple of times but she is still in the sick kids, had 13 operations and one of those was a massive one to reverse her stoma, they rekon she will be home by the time summer is through.

I can't imagine how hard it must be for their wee girl to have been in hospital for over a year now and it really makes me appreciate how well Anna did when she was in hospital, she had a couple of infections and went really jaundice a few times, she was out a week before her due date.

I really hope my friends wee girl is strong enough to come home soon :cry:

Anna done really well in hospital especially as she was so small.

NEC is a terrible thing and I am thankful Holly didn't get it either. I have a couple of people I am in contact with who were in Bristol the same time as us and their lo's had stoma's. Both have had theirs reversed and thankfully are thriving as a result.

I hope this will be your friends little girls last hospital stint.

Give her well wishes for me. really throws so much in perspective for me. i whine about howlonmg samantha has been in hospital and it's only been 2 1/2 months.... i can't imagine a whole year and all those surgeries. they are very strong people and have a very strong LO :hugs: to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->