I finished my birth plan, what do you think?

AAttcabby

Reaction score
I have finished my natural hospital birth plan and wanted to get advice on it before I present it to my doctor on Thursday, so feel free to tell me what you think :)

I am planning a nautral birth, as I have never done this before I am scared, but hopeful, prepard and determined. Please support me and my family on this journey. I would like to allow labor to begin naturally. I would like to be be able to move freely while in labor, please use hand held doppler to monitor the baby's heart rate if possible. Please help me achieve the most natural birth possible, do not offer any pain medications during labor, even if I look like I am in pain. I know they are avalible and will ask if I feel I need them. I would like my husband and possibly my mother to be present for labor and delivery. I would rather risk a tear then have an episiotomy. I would strongly like to avoid a cesarean. I would like the staff to delay umbilical cord clamping. I plan on exclusively breast feed. Please do not offer my baby water, formula or a pacifier without mine or my husbands permission first.

Sorry if my spelling sucks, I am on my tablet. -Thanks Allison

Content seems ok to me but i would put in bullet points when you print it out.

That seems reasonable to me.
Maybe make a note at the end that you also understand intervention may be required to deliver the baby safetly.

Thanks! I love my doctor, when I gave it to her she laughed and said. "I already knew this is the way you wanted it, no surprises here" and "now if only we can get your mom to understand that you are having this baby and not her" LOL.

one thing i would add to it if you do feel a certain way about it . is if you allow students in the room or not .
my first birth was very stress full 30 hours and i obviously changed midwifes through that time , changing shifts n all . but they also brought more students with them so more faces .
i had to have an episiotomi and forceps . the student yes i know they gotta learn was putting forceps together and i could hear the doctor saying hurry up and not like that .
erm i mean hello im having a baby . all was fine , but my second baby the only person iin the room was me my hubby and one midwife , it was personal and lovely and no complications .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->