I found out I have high blood pressure

K1nS

TTC #1
Reaction score
Yeah and I am only 20 years old so its quite scary! I went to my local docs about 2 months ago now to register and get more BCP (which I have now come off), the nurse checked my blood pressure and said it was slightly high, which is a first for me. She then aksed me to wait to see the doc that same morning and when he checked it, it had gone down and was border line. I get really stressed out when I am going to the docs so i'm thinking this didn't help :(

Anyway, I am scared of going back to the docs and him putting me on blood pressure tabs so I was wondering if anyone knew any good tips on reducing your blood pressure at home?

I've had problems with my bp since i was 18! I'm 25 now, and went through pregnancy with high bp and on medication for that. It didn't go up because of pregnancy though, had no problems with the baby over it.

They lowered what they class as a normal/healthy reading, so where yours is slightly high, i bet its nothing to worry over to be honest but the gp's and nurses want bp to be lower now. I've been off my meds for about three months, am having it checked monthly at mo.

Stress/being upset etc does affect mine, and i also have white coat syndrome where it goes up just from being in the waiting room. i get so nervous, i don't know why.

I have regular blood tests aswell, so they know its not caused by another undelying problem. Apparently high cholesterol etc doesnt help. All my tests come back fine, so its def stress related for me personally.

I never liked being on the tablets, but my health is the most important thing so took them. Risk of heart attack if your bp goes up really high isnt worth it.

I'm sure you'll be fine, they'll usually check your bp a few times before considering medication and then should only put you on a low dose to begin with and monitor it regularly.

Hope this helps.

keely.x

ps being overweight won't help, and eating healthily will help as well as regular exercise. I found my bp did go down if i was happier overall, body and mind! So i try my best to keep my weight down (not easy when you are pregnant and trying to loose baby weight afterwards!) and eat healthily most the time.

Thanks hun you have made me feel alot better :) I think i'm going to have to pluck up the courage and get myself down to the docs its just so nerve racking lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->