I. Give. Up.

I am currently experiencing a whole bunch of issues with my lo so I know how you must be feeling. I just wanted to say you can do this! No matter what it will all be worth it!
I also think your baby is in fact an adorable and tiny little princess. She clearly is no longer a newborn! People are so stupid!

I am glad to read you've visited a LC, I just wanted to talk about green poop. Green poop often isn't actually caused from anything in particular, it can actually be the resulte of lack of air in a diaper. If I was feeding ds when he was nb, and he pooped while he was feeding, I wouldn't change him until he was done eating. Once he was done eating, I'd change his bum, and low and behold his poop would look horribly green. I didn't know why it was so green until we switched to cloth. I remember changing ds out of a poopy diaper, normal mustardy poop, and putting the diaper in the wet bag. I did the laundry that night and as the diapers went into the wash, the previously yellow poop would be that exact shade of green I had previously encountered. There's a lot of theories about hind milk imbalances, over-active let down, dairy etc, all causing strange hues of poop. None of these really have any scientific basis, they all seem to be more like popular heresay, even my midwives who work with LLL agree that breastmilk is more of a mixture then separate components. Just thought I'd write this out because I think that we over-complicate things and doubt ourselves a lot for things that may not actually be a problem.

Thank you! There are so many theories, it's really hard to find what the problem is! Between dairy, foremilk/hindmilk, etc etc etc.

:wacko:

Sometimes I wish I had never read any of that, it got me so confused. Everyone has been a great help though, and I am starting to feel much better. I have put into practice a few suggestions I got to help improve her latch and feeding, and I *think* I am beginning to see a difference!

I am currently experiencing a whole bunch of issues with my lo so I know how you must be feeling. I just wanted to say you can do this! No matter what it will all be worth it!
I also think your baby is in fact an adorable and tiny little princess. She clearly is no longer a newborn! People are so stupid!

Awww thank you! She is my tiny little princess! She's going to look so funny when she starts crawling and walking if she stays tiny like this! Like a little wind up doll.

Anyway thank you for the support! It means a lot as having issues can be so frustrating at times!! It IS worth it!

:hugs:

Just to update and as encouragement for those who may be having problems- I am still breastfeeding at almost 8 months!

After this horrible hump it got better! I almost gave up ten times but now we're all good.

Thanks to everyone for their help!!

Just to update and as encouragement for those who may be having problems- I am still breastfeeding at almost 8 months!

After this horrible hump it got better! I almost gave up ten times but now we're all good.

Thanks to everyone for their help!!

That is awesome news!

I just read this thread and was hoping it had an update at the end :flower: glad to hear all is going well.

Is she still tiny?

My elder daughter was and is like this. She is nearly 3 and weighs 24lb!

I have done nothing differently with dd #2 and she is 50th centile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->